Post Match Middlesbrough 1 Leicester 0

International break gives a chance to reset, get some players back and possibly integrate Coady.

We move on.

International break gives a chance to reset, get some players back and possibly integrate Coady.

We move on.

Definitely agree on Coady. Whilst Vestergaard has exceeded expectations, he slows us down far too much and we have to evolve to integrate some speed of passing and movement.

The front 5 were all pretty crap. KDH seems to have forgotten how to play without Ndidi alongside him.

We were a fair bit better after the subs but by then we'd just about pissed away 70/75 mins of the game. Nacho was well off the pace for me. I'm beginning to doubt the patiently patiently approach. It's all well and good when you're ahead or level but once you fall behind it feels all to easy for the opponents to sit back while we stroke it around aimlessly waiting for spaces that never appear...

Very similar outcome to the Leeds game really, only Middlesboro didn't even need to have to be as good as Leeds were.

Disappointing way to go into the break. I can’t fathom why we aren’t better as an attacking unit. Nacho and Vardy should be making hay.

Incredibly poor game management. Maresca gets his first 0 out of 10 for me today. It was obvious at HT (before in fact) that Ricardo needed to go back to his best position and that Iheanacho was completely ****ing incompetent.

We should have made changes much earlier. The system wasn't the problem, the personnel were. So many individual errors by a few players. I can't have a go at the defence today; Faes, Vestergaard, Ricardo all did as well as they could. Justin played some horrible passes but just about gets a pass. Our midfield and forward play however was so clumsy as times. KDH, McAteer and a Choudhury were all terrible and, whilst Mavididi played some decent stuff. His final ball on his constant fouling caused us problems.

Any faux defence of Iheanacho though is simply ****ing wibble. He was atrocious yet again from start to finish and should have had at least two goals; any other striker worth a shit would have had a field day today but not our Nacho.

That game has pissed me off because it was so winnable with just a tiny bit of management or a tiny bit of quality; we showed neither.

Sooooo many poor performances out there - Mavidid, McAteer, Choudhury, Faes and KDH. All eclipsed by the genuinely dreadful Iheanacho

Again, I’m blaming Maresca for this one. I can understand the starting line up, but the weaknesses were blindingly obvious by the time we had staggered our way to half time

Ricardo should have moved back to his proper position, and Iheanacho should have come off at that point, along with a clearly unfit McAteer. Very very poor decision making there. He’s making mistakes in his game management, which is a worry

Despite our shitness we were still a better team than they were - that is the annoying bit

Incredibly poor game management. Maresca gets his first 0 out of 10 for me today.

We should have made changes much earlier.

That game has pissed me off because it was so winnable with just a tiny bit of management or a tiny bit of quality; we showed neither.

I've edited out the horseshit and kept the stuff that is spot on.

I don't know why we bother taking 9 subs to away trips. You may as well leave a few more at home. The poor feckers such as Souttar and Daka sit on that bench week in, week out without the remotest of chances of getting minutes.

Two subs today was loopy management. We have the strongest bench in the league by a mile. Why isn't our manager using it?

Two 1-0 defeats to two decent sides.

I'm sure nobody in here is stupid enough to have bought into the whole " best championship team ever " bollocks the media have been wanking themselves into a frenzy with.
What are Ipswich then, since we're now only +3 GD better than them?

Load of old shite. Typical modern day reportage, sensationalist nonsense.

Simple fact is, the small margins that decide so many games of football all went in our favour for 12 of the first 13 games. In the last 2 games they've gone against us. These things always level out eventually.

We'll be fine. This league is essentially packed with dogshit as most leagues usually are.

& also, the other media trope is all about how strong our squad is. Truth is it's a good squad for this level, but if it was as awesome as they like to make out then we wouldn't have to be playing Hamza ****ing Choudhary would we ?

If we win this league by 10 points or scrape second by GD, the summer rebuilding is still going to have to be just as massive. The advantage to winning at a canter is that we can start it earlier. But if that ends up not happening then we adapt. Our current best 11 would be bottom 5 material in the PL.

We're walking a long road back & it's only just started.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463