Middlesbrough (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

Just a thought,why not try Waghorn in midfield with Wellens.

A strong player who holds the ball up well and can beat a player,i reckon he could do a similar role as Mark Davies last season.
Doesn't seem as strange a suggestion as i first thought when i think about it. TBH Waghorn never looks much of a goal threat but is good as you say at hassling players. However he doesn't appear to have the same creativity as a player like Davies.

tedfoxxx

I really don't want to see Brown in the defence on Tuesday after yesterday and last week....

If starts at Covscum i'm walking home before we even kick off.

tedfoxxx

Oooh, we can't even say his name now, Lord Voldemort

:icon_lol: Not quite at a 'he who must not be named' standard yet.

Give him a rest and he'll pull his finger out again and pick things up i'm sure.

tedfoxxx

Both they and Covscum looked utterly crap yesterday so if we get our act together and make the right changes I don't see why we couldn't take 4 points from 'boro and the scum.

David Gwilliam

There are signs of panic. We have lost a match to a team that is in the top three. My concern is that even if we had won on Saturday I would expect us to lose at Middlesborough. At the start of the season I expected Middlesborough and one other to get automatic promotion (I underated Newcastle and WBA). Any neutral would expect Middlesborough to win on Tuesday and think that Coventry at home would stand a good chance of beating Leicester.
These are two very difficult matches and yet I think if we do lose three matches on the trot that in some quarters there will be a real panic, talk of relegation and criticism of the manager. The next match a neutral would expect is to win would be the home game against Derby. It is essential that whatever the results in the next two matches that the manager and the players know they have the backing of the fans for the Derby game.

alex

Weale

Brown
Hobbs
Tunchev
Berner

N'Guessan
Wellens
Oakley
Dyer

Gallagher
Fryatt

Redditch Fox

There are signs of panic. We have lost a match to a team that is in the top three. My concern is that even if we had won on Saturday I would expect us to lose at Middlesborough. At the start of the season I expected Middlesborough and one other to get automatic promotion (I underated Newcastle and WBA). Any neutral would expect Middlesborough to win on Tuesday and think that Coventry at home would stand a good chance of beating Leicester.
These are two very difficult matches and yet I think if we do lose three matches on the trot that in some quarters there will be a real panic, talk of relegation and criticism of the manager. The next match a neutral would expect is to win would be the home game against Derby. It is essential that whatever the results in the next two matches that the manager and the players know they have the backing of the fans for the Derby game.

The trouble is that winning lots of games last season has created an appetite. People are not going to be easily content with a consolidation around mid-table.

This looks like a solid home win for me followed by a draw at Coventry which would calm things down abit.

Willlow

The trouble is that winning lots of games last season has created an appetite. People are not going to be easily content with a consolidation around mid-table.

This looks like a solid home win for me followed by a draw at Coventry which would calm things down abit.

Top post :038:

dpjfox

i never tip us to lose (even when i expect us to like tomorrow) therefore im going 1-1 Keep saying it Howard due a goal, and Gally, i think NP will change the team around a bit im expecting improved performances next 2 games, im sensing a great deal of negativity amongst fans, but were not far from a playoff postion (look at the other 2 promoted teams!)

Lako42

We will lose 8-0 because we are the most terrible team in Championship history, or at least that's the vibe I get off some of the mongies.

highland fox

Weale
Morrison
Tunchev
Hobbs
Berner
Adams
Oakley
Wellens
Dyer
Howard
Fryatt

Pure guesswork that

Granite Fox

It doesn't look good for Tunchev (from fourfourtwo.com):

Tunchev out of Bulgaria qualifiers
Reuters - 1 hours ago

SOFIA - Central defender Alexander Tunchev will miss Bulgaria's World Cup qualifiers against Cyprus and Georgia next month with a knee injury, the Bulgarian Football Union said on Monday.

Leicester City's Tunchev, 28, sustained the injury during his club's 2-1 defeat to Preston North End in the English Championship on Saturday.

Bulgaria must win to keep alive their slim chances of the runners-up spot in Group Eight. Italy top the standings with 20 points from eight matches, followed by Ireland on 16. Bulgaria are third with 11 points.

Portugeezer

Weale

Brown
Hobbs
Tunchev
Berner

N'Guessan
Wellens
Oakley
Dyer

Gallagher
Fryatt

Not sure about playing a left-footed centre half at righht back but will agree with you on the rest of the side. Personally I'd persevere with Neilsen for the time being (or until L'ON beefs up a bit), he wasn't good on Saturday but has looked half decent in a majority of the games and I'm sure will get better the more he plays.

I think people need to chill out a bit, poor performance on Saturday, but they're flying and were always going to be hard to beat. We've come along way since the end of the 2007/2008 season, but it's an ongoing NP project and we're not as good as alot of people on here think we are - still got a long way to go IMO.

sparky79

we will win with........

weale

morrisson tunchev hobbs berner
waghorn oakley dyer
wellens
Kermorgant (looked very mobile with a good leap) Fryatt

subs logan, gallagher, howard, n'guessan, nielsen, king, mcgivern

highland fox

we will win with........

weale

morrisson tunchev hobbs berner
waghorn oakley dyer
wellens
Kermorgant (looked very mobile with a good leap) Fryatt

subs logan, gallagher, howard, n'guessan, nielsen, king, mcgivern

Tunchev is out for about a month apparently so we are stuck with Brown...maybe Sol could play for a few games then feck off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669