Pre Match Middlesbrough (a)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who has seen nothing to suggest we are gathering a head of steam?

We've played ok in some matches, but I've still seen nothing to suggest we are going to get promoted yet. Unless Middlesbrough have a real off day, I can't see us doing better than a draw.

Am I the only one who has seen nothing to suggest we are gathering a head of steam?

We've played ok in some matches, but I've still seen nothing to suggest we are going to get promoted yet. Unless Middlesbrough have a real off day, I can't see us doing better than a draw.

Agreed. We look a million miles away from doing anything other finishing in mid table currently.

We have improved, a head of steam may well be a tad generous.

Despite being unimpressive at times, we have actually put together a pretty solid run in the league. By turning some of these draws in to wins, we will be real contenders.

All signs point to the defence looking a lot more solid now. What struck me from the game at Cardiff (league) - the only game I've seen this year - is that often our centre backs, although encouraged to play football are not given an option by the midfield. Last year this wasn't an issue so much, and maybe I'm guilty of viewing one game in isolation, but I do feel that either Fernandes or Wellens should be dropping deeper to take the ball from the centre backs.

Real pluses are emerging in Peltier, Schmeichal and Fernandes. The addition and reintroduction of Johnson and Nugent ought to add more attacking threat and the improvement of Mills is encouraging.

Overall, I'm happy. I'm not sure we will necessarily crack top 2, but with the exception of Southampton (who we have beaten), all other sides close to the top have showed real frailties. I'm still backing us for 2nd, but I don't think the top 2 will run away with it, so we may end up in the play offs.

Agreed. We look a million miles away from doing anything other finishing in mid table currently.

No we don't. We're not tearing up the league, but we're building up to being a difficult team to beat which is key to success. The defence has seemed stronger which will evolve into a more confident midfield which will lead to greater attacking options and opportunities. Right now we're winning and drawing games. Soon we'll be winning and winning games.

Last edited:
Normally a draw at Boro would be OK, but we really need to rack up the 3 points tonight. We could be good enough, but we are not exploiting good positions and killing games off. Too many errors, to many wrong decsions. It is getting better but as has been said before, we have not yet hit the level of conistent performance (more importantly - level of resuts) we need to establish ourselves as real contenders for promotion. I hope its starts tonight.

Based on absolutely nothing but a hunch i am confident we wil leave the Riverside with at least a point this evening.

Does anyone have a link for live stream or commentary for tonights game?

Think we might win this 2-1 goals by Vassell and Nugent..

Yeah if anyone has a link to the commentary online then that would be grand, can't get RL here in rural Notts :(

No, it will be, just read it, someones just got the wrong end of the stick...

Being reported on FoxesTalk that the game isn't even on Radio Leicester this evening.

The programme has already started.

What we really need is for somebody to put their radio next to their microphone so we can all listen on Messenger.

Hey, I quantified mine by pointing out that it was what Nugent put on his Twitter, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669