Match Thread Middlesbrough v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make sense to me. This is a game against relegation rivals where we could really use the points over them. Ok so Slimani is ill and Drinkwater isn't fully fit but to drop three of our best players from the win over West Ham? Albrighton was crying out for a good dropping, then when he finally puts in a decent show - dropped. Just seems to me that for all our troubles this year, Ranieri isn't necessarily helping matters....

Claudio may feel that two games in three days is too much for a young player. Against Middlesbrough we may need battle-hardened players as they are not a nice team; but then it is not a nice place.

It's a long time ago but I remember being in better physical shape to play twice in 2 days at the age of 20 than 35. I'm pretty sure that Chilwell and Gray are physically better able to play than Morgan and Huth - though I'm sure they're fine to play too. 2 days is plenty of time to recover from 90 mins of football.

Claudio may feel that two games in three days is too much for a young player. Against Middlesbrough we may need battle-hardened players as they are not a nice team; but then it is not a nice place.

Especially with the other changes. With Chilwell and Gray alongside the other fresh starters the team would be resembling the Porto away XI.

Claudio just said he didn't want to play Drinky twice in three days following his injury lay off. All incredibly suspicious.

Chilwell played 90 minutes and he got poleaxed too.
He may be useful second half to stretch their defence to replace Fuchs who recently has been poor towards the end of games. It was Fuchs fault for giving away that free kick against Man City for their first game, it was a tired challenge and he tends to make them later on in games.

I think we are gonna get exploited in the wide areas, playing the 3 CM's. I expect a lot of crosses into Negredo which could be a problem. I think we are very brave playing a 1-2 up front. Hopefully I am wrong

2 games in less than 48 hours so changes were inevitable, the younger players will need protecting and they will be critical over next 4 weeks as we lose a number of players to ANC. The side looks compact and solid with extra midfield protection, but still more than enough up front to create chances.

I'm fine with it. The players coming in have a point to prove.

Not sure about the system, looks like King goes wide left when we have the ball.

Hoping Traore doesn't get too many runs at Fuchs. Amartey looks good again so far.

Fuchs having problems with their attaxks down the right. Problem with this set up is not much cover for the full backs.

This selection and set up is completely ludicrous, in my opinion

I hope they prove me wrong

This selection and set up is completely ludicrous, in my opinion

I hope they prove me wrong

Well, we are away from home and still in the game so I would say its better than anything before it.

Solid enough so far. We don't need King in midfield though as Amartey and Mendy (who are both doing well) have it covered.

We're looking a bit toothless going forward now. Mahrez had started the game quite involved but we need to get him back into the match otherwise we won't create anything.

Let's be honest. This is so, so terrible. We're never going to score playing like this.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The two wide players had a good game against West Ham largely because they had somebody to aim for. Without Slim they would just be accused of wasting balls into the box.

People have been clamouring for 3 in midfield for a while, it leaves you exposed out wide as we are finding but we have more cover in the middle. It's fine if a little boring so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566