MidWest Hotels , Cold Callers and the Tim Farron movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

From the first time I heard Tim Farron speak he reminded me of a creepy mid-west hotel filmed in black and white; the kind of place where you would advise Janet Leigh not to take a shower. Others will have their own choices but to me Farron is the creepiest British political figure of recent years.

He says he is resigning because of his principles. Only the most cynical will point out that he would probably not have become leader if Jo Swinson had not lost her seat in 2015. Jo Swinson is back in parliament and perhaps Farron jumped before he was pushed.

There are those who claim Tim Farron is useless. This is not true. For those of us who enjoy exasperating cold callers he has become very useful. During the election I enjoyed believing that the man who rang about the accident I had not had was from the Liberal Democrats. I believed the LibDems had pledged to replace my car and any other car that had been in an accident. When I asked how "this Tim Farron of yours" was going to pay for this he got quite plaintiff "I don't know Tim Farron". He rang off when I demanded that the LibDems send the other driver to prison.

For years I have explained my accident by having Jesus walk out in front of the car. I am now a little jaded with that. The next time I will take it for granted that they heard about the accident from Tim. I will want to know where he met Tim and what Tim told them about the accident. Then at the right moment I will claim that I recognise the callers voice and that he is Tim Farron putting on a funny accent..

It does occur to me that if enough people responded to cold callers by talking about Tim it may drive the cold caller mad. Tim Farron will then have finally achieved something worthwhile.. It can become the Tim Farron movement.

Have to agree with you Farron was frightening and a clear move by the Lib Dems to not have to make any real parliamentary decisions again for a while.

Of course no-one who is a "True Christian" can be a politician no matter what they pretend to the public.

"Hi I believe in fictitious beings and I'm going to make Britain Great again"

"Hi, I'm a Christian, stop that contraception and those abortions, no sex before marriage, stone LGBTers and let's have a crusade against the Muslims - oh yes I'm liberal in my politics."

That kind of Christian sounds far more like the DUP members that Theresa May has just brought into the heart of government, rather than Tim Farron

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

That kind of Christian sounds far more like the DUP members that Theresa May has just brought into the heart of government, rather than Tim Farron

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Are you trying to say that Tim is a plastic Christian?

Most Jebusists in this country are lightweights. They don't hate the gays as much as like what the Yank ones do.

The septic ones hate everybody who isn't like them (although they will never admit it), they are not very "christian."

Most Jebusists in this country are lightweights. They don't hate the gays as much as like what the Yank ones do.
I bet they do, they've just had decades of being brow-beaten into not saying what they think. Once Brexit has cut us adrift from mainland Europe they'll all be going feral and returning to their wild Daily Mail ways. They'll take their lead from the anti-gay adoption naughty vicar's daughter PM and her minister for Gay Cures and her minister for Bastardry. The stupid ****s.

I drifted off from Labour to the Lib Dems this time around, firstly because they were (along with the Greens) the only party to offer the UK electorate a chance to reflect on the EU (and possibly take some responsibility for the shit storm Brexit is and will unleash on us), but also because of Labour's anti-semitism - I suppose intolerance of intolerance is personal taste not an absolute.

Amongst the wreckage of our electoral system in 2017, I note that, mostly because of Labour's retreat from Scotland and some of its Northern/Midland xenophobic heartlands, the old "efficiency" where their % of the popular vote used to harvest a disproportionately large number of seats (1997-2005 for example) has vanished, now it's the Tories whose seats per vote return is startlingly high.

Cynic that I am, Farron's crime for me is to be part of the Liberal Democrats' disastrous foray into government which failed to ensure a change to PR, being fobbed off with a referendum asking a stupid question is pretty thin gruel when years of political oblivion are the outcome of their Student fees U-turn.

Back to Labour with a huge clothes peg on my nose for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669