Milan offered ?3 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right, but I don't understand the double standards here - it's Ok for Mandy to make shedloads of money, but not for the original shareholders to get their money back, and you can be sure, the less he pays the shareholders, the higher his eventual profit will be.

I don't think anybody has stated that, my view on the matter is that I am not going to dismiss any bid based on the price offered to shareholders, opinion should be formed purely on the nature, level and content of any investment in the club and the long term implications associated with such investment.

Everything else is irrelevant, IMO.

You may be right, but I don't understand the double standards here - it's Ok for Mandy to make shedloads of money, but not for the original shareholders to get their money back, and you can be sure, the less he pays the shareholders, the higher his eventual profit will be.

Why is that so important ?

Shares go up and down every day - and the value of a football club does not stay constant

I don't give a monkeys how much they get back - or how much Mandaric, or anyone else, makes out of it in the long term. What is important is the future of this football club and if, by paying a smaller amount for the shares, he is able to invest more into the squad (or buy the stadium) then it's happy days as far as I am concerned

Why don't you all just wait and see,nobody on here knows more than anybody else and it will all be resolved shortly.We seem to be going over old ground then reversing and going back over it again.

Apologies HF, we all thought Joe_Fox was under there....

£3 million is a more than fair price. I think that if MM bought the stadium outright he could get the Club for £1 and probably get pence on the pound for the stadium.

Shareholding is not a one-way bet. ;)

THe club is worth more than he is offering IMO. Apparently there is a large amont of interest in Stearman from Villa and Everton ( £2million ish? ), plus there is the training ground - if sold for development £10million ish? We have a stadium that cost £30million to build with a £15million mortgage. We are a very attractive proposition, otherwise Mandy would not be looking at us - he is after all, as many have said, a very successful businessman. You become successful generally by buying assets for less than they are worth and that is what he is trying to do here. Nothing wrong with that, we live in a capitalist society, but I think that some people should realise Mandy is in for this for one reason and one reason only - to turn a large profit.

Last edited:

Shares go up and down every day - and the value of a football club does not stay constant

I don't give a monkeys how much they get back - or how much Mandaric, or anyone else, makes out of it in the long term. What is important is the future of this football club and if, by paying a smaller amount for the shares, he is able to invest more into the squad (or buy the stadium) then it's happy days as far as I am concerned

Exactly, the value of the club is exactly at what price someone is willing to pay for it. The price paid is of no consequence.

THe club is worth more than he is offering IMO. Apparently there is a large amont of interest in Stearman from Villa and Everton ( £2million ish? ), plus there is the training ground - if sold for development £10million ish? We have a stadium that cost £30million to build with a £15million mortgage. We are a very attractive proposition, otherwise Mandy would not be looking at us - he is after all, as many have said, a very successful businessman. You become successful generally by buying assets for less than they are worth and that is what he is trying to do here. Nothing wrong with that, we live in a capitalist society, but I think that some people should realise Mandy is in for this for one reason and one reason only - to turn a large profit.

I honestly dont think people think any other. However they know that for him to achieve his goal, the club will have to have had success and be established in the Premiership.

To be fair.. the stadium is only worth what you could sell it for.. you'd never get £30m for it if the club went bust. When you add it all up I wouldn't expect the assets to be worth much more than the mortgage.. maybe £3-5m difference?

Risk reward ratio?

The risk Mandy is taking is lessened by the training ground that he would flog off at a drop of a hat if the going got tough. If money got tight I could see him decimating the investment in the academy - he is not in this for the long term. The words asset stripper come to mind if his masterplan did not work. Also, most of his investment would be in loans which are secured on the assets of the club - not much risk there. The real people who took the risk were the original shareholders, who's investment ranked last in any winding up of the club.

Fact is he's a clever old sod, and probably has no intention of paying three million - or whatever it is he has actually offered

He wants a seat at the negotiating table, and any old offer would suffice right now.

It's now all about who comes out best in the horse trading game - and judging by the (implied) hysteria of shareholders and the FT, this whole thing really could go tits up big time

To be fair.. the stadium is only worth what you could sell it for.. you'd never get £30m for it if the club went bust. When you add it all up I wouldn't expect the assets to be worth much more than the mortgage.. maybe £3-5m difference?

Except, of course, the Tigers would be very keen on buying an empty, ready-made stadium.

I am certainly not naive enough to believe that Mandaric is not out to make a large profit out of club, but I also know for him to achieve that goal he would in turn make us successful, as he has done at Pompey. But to be able to make a fully informed and not misjudged opinion, we must be in full reciept of all the facts, figures and conditions of each individual bid, and I doubt any of us who post on here have access to such info, so at best most opinions are being formed on rumour, counter rumour and emotion.

:038: :038:

The risk Mandy is taking is lessened by the training ground that he would flog off at a drop of a hat if the going got tough. If money got tight I could see him decimating the investment in the academy - he is not in this for the long term. The words asset stripper come to mind if his masterplan did not work. Also, most of his investment would be in loans which are secured on the assets of the club - not much risk there. The real people who took the risk were the original shareholders, who's investment ranked last in any winding up of the club.

What risk was there in investing few thousand pounds to save the club? The individuals involved, did so knowing that in all probably the money was not an investment but a purchase to be involved with the club for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
What risk was there in investing few thousand pounds to save the club? The individuals involved, did so knowing that in all probably the money was not an investment but a purchase to be involved with the club for the forseeable future.

It wasn't a few thousand - the smallest shareholding is £25,000, the largest £500,000.

It wasn't a few thousand - the smallest shareholding is £25,000, the largest £500,000.

I realise what the investments are. The actual figures arent really of importance. What they represent is what differing indvidiuals were willing to give away for differing say so's in the club. There was no risk, they knew it was effectively a gift for which in exchange they would receive benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669