Mmmmmmassive news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwhelmed. :icon_wink

It's only going to be confirmation that we're playing Real Madrid at home in a friendly, so you can forget all this Michael Owen bollocks.

Well Notts must be in the know then if he had this before the massive news was officially broadcast.:icon_wink

Or did he log into another site last night which was stating that Madrid was this massive news

Listen guys, I hate Stringer and Alan Young more than anyone and it clearly isn't as big as Fergie leaving ManUtd, but do you really not think Leicester playing the biggest/most successful club in the world is big news? :102:

Last edited:
Feck me, what a load of cobblers

Whilst it is nice to have some decent opposition for a change, in the grand scheme of Leicester City FC, it's just another meaningless friendly which will have no bearing whatsoever on how the club will move forward

Stringer is such a cock-end, it's untrue

Whilst it is nice to have some decent opposition for a change, in the grand scheme of Leicester City FC, it's just another meaningless friendly which will have no bearing whatsoever on how the club will move forward

:038:

What a surprise that you have a downer on it. I really don't get the cynicism and miserable attitude some people have.

I think it's great we're playing Real Madrid at the Walkers. They're a big club and it's going be a nice highlight before the real action gets underway in August.

If the news came out of the blue, would the reaction have been different? Almost certainly.

Was it over-hyped? Maybe, but it grabbed everyone's attention, got people talking and got people listening. It may not have been mmmmmmmmmmmassive news, but it's something pretty big, pretty unusual for a club like City and not a bad little coup. I'll be going along to the game and enjoying the afternoon out.

Last edited:
What a surprise that you have a downer on it.

Just a measured response. It is welcome and I would love to go but it is not Mmmmmmassive news! Playing Real Madrid in the S-F of the Champions' League is massive news. :icon_wink

Listen guys, I hate Stringer and Alan Young more than anyone and it clearly isn't as big as Fergie leaving ManUtd, but do you really not think Leicester playing the biggest/most successful club in the world is big news? :102:

I don't hate either of them, they're cock ends but I certainly don't hate them. It's just a friendly, a totally meaningless run out...very small news to me.

I don't have a downer on it - it's a decent friendly

But it's not massive news, is it :icon_roll

It probably is as far as the club's concerned. Given who we've hosted in the last 4 or 5 years in pre season friendlies, to host the biggest club in Europe is an indication of the level at which the owners want the club to operate and the sort of clout we can wield.

I, for one, am looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670