Moan-in 9/8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moan-in 9/7/10

Stick me on ignore.

Nah, it's alright. That would be rude.

I will say this though. While there have been a few causes for concern I'm hardly ready to write the season off after one game of football, a couple of unknowns signing and a dodgy first half.

I'm a wee bit more optimistic than that. I have doubts that we will be able to replace Pearson with anyone of a similar standard but I will make that judgment in time.

Nah, it's alright. That would be rude.

I will say this though. While there have been a few causes for concern I'm hardly ready to write the season off after one game of football, a couple of unknowns signing and a dodgy first half.

I'm a wee bit more optimistic than that. I have doubts that we will be able to replace Pearson with anyone of a similar standard but I will make that judgment in time.

I certainly haven't written the season off. I'm just unimpressed with everything that occurred of late.

Do you find this fear of pessimism anywhere else than football forums? People (not only aimed at you Miles Away) tend to get upset every time someone is concerned about the future. Yes, things are usually alright in the end but I bet people were laughed at for saying they were concerned at the beginning of the 00/01 season (if anyone was).

I am too concerned about things and I think we will have a much worse season this year than last, but even if we won't - is it really the end of the world if some people think 'it's the end of the world', so to say? :) If someone says, I think we're going to build on last season and win the league this year, they won't get slated but if someone says, we've made shit signings, I think we're gonna be relegated, people are going to jump on their back - and still, it's the exact same lack of realism.

I think you'll find if I said "we're gonna win the league" ... I'd be chided as a numpty.

I'm not trying to victimize anyone, I just find the doom and gloom a little premature. I'm also of the belief that some people relish a good old moan.

I think you'll find if I said "we're gonna win the league" ... I'd be chided as a numpty.

I'm not trying to victimize anyone, I just find the doom and gloom a little premature. I'm also of the belief that some people relish a good old moan.

Or perhaps everyone is entitled to their own view of the world and that doesn't HAVE to be full of optimism.

Or perhaps everyone is entitled to their own view of the world and that doesn't HAVE to be full of optimism.

Certainly their prerogative to be miserable by choice. Nowt to do with me how people want to live their lives...but I do get to have an opinion about it.

Anyway, from a footballing perspective, there are some worrying signs, no doubt, but also an awful lot of unknown. It's how people react to that unknown that defines them really, isn't it?

Have you split with your mrs (or mr) in the last month or something, you've taken over as resident misery guts!!! :icon_razz

Certainly their prerogative to be miserable by choice. Nowt to do with me how people want to live their lives...but I do get to have an opinion about it.

Anyway, from a footballing perspective, there are some worrying signs, no doubt, but also an awful lot of unknown. It's how people react to that unknown that defines them really, isn't it?

Don't worry

This time tomorrow we'll be relegated AND out of the cup

It's all good

Have you split with your mrs (or mr) in the last month or something, you've taken over as resident misery guts!!! :icon_razz

Not at all. I just think there's a lot to be concerned about but seriously hope I'm proven wrong.

FFS Duzza lighten up you miserable old git, remember that other great Leicester manager who couldn't speak a word of english and spoke in mindless riddles you know the one .....Ollie was his name and he didn't turn out to bad ....oh wait Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh
Panic Arrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

FFS Duzza lighten up you miserable old git, remember that other great Leicester manager who couldn't speak a word of english and spoke in mindless riddles you know the one .....Ollie was his name and he didn't turn out to bad ....oh wait Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh
Panic Arrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

This is a delightful post "FFS Duzza lighten up you miserable old git" is followed by an attack on Ollie's English. I admit that what you called "mindless riddles" taxed some peoples comprehension skills.

Your timing of a post on Ollie is perhaps unfortunate - rather like batting after Bradman. If you go to the Crystal Palace thread post 98 you will find the authoritive work on Ian Holloway.

I may disagree with Durham. However I admire the way he avoided sticking nine "h"s in a word and still expressed his feelings strongly..

This is a delightful post "FFS Duzza lighten up you miserable old git" is followed by an attack on Ollie's English. I admit that what you called "mindless riddles" taxed some peoples comprehension skills.

Your timing of a post on Ollie is perhaps unfortunate - rather like batting after Bradman. If you go to the Crystal Palace thread post 98 you will find the authoritive work on Ian Holloway.

I may disagree with Durham. However I admire the way he avoided sticking nine "h"s in a word and still expressed his feelings strongly..

:icon_roll

I like you. You're like the Stephen Fry (on a bad day) of the forum.

In both cases, it's a lack of vocabulary. Nothing more, nothing less. However, it does to bring to an attention (the thought crossed my mind this morning when I was discussing management in general with work colleagues) how does Sousa attempt to convey his tactical goal and assessment of a player's performance to the squad/player.

We didn't do too bad under Jock Wallace. I swear not one player understood a word he said. The media and fans were equally in the dark. He managed to get his message across 'tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669