MOBO Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

How do they get away with it nowadays? :102:

What's wrong with it - apart from most of the music being crap these days?

Well for a start I reckon there would be an uproar if there was a MOWO awards......

Well for a start I reckon there would be an uproar if there was a MOWO awards......

There are lots of MOWO awards. Folk music awards, classical music awards etc...

The Black origin bit is just a description of where the music originated, it doesn't mean you have to be black to win an award. There have been plenty of white winners over the years.

There are lots of MOWO awards. Folk music awards, classical music awards etc...

The Black origin bit is just a description of where the music originated, it doesn't mean you have to be black to win an award. There have been plenty of white winners over the years.

Oh, oops. Just out of curiosity, how do they determine whether a piece of music is white origin or black origin? For example, Leona Lewis won a couple of awards, whereas I would have classed her sort of songs as white origin. :102:

Oh, oops. Just out of curiosity, how do they determine whether a piece of music is white origin or black origin? For example, Leona Lewis won a couple of awards, whereas I would have classed her sort of songs as white origin. :102:

Her music is classed as new R&B (I don't believe modern R&B comes even closeB but hey ho), R&B is most definately of black origin, ergo...

i think the point is, why mention the 'black origin' bit?
Why not call it 'The Blues/Soul awards' or something?
You mentioned Classical music,
well, Classical music was originally written by white composers but its not called the 'Music of White Origin' awards...

i'm going before I get label a rasict (or a Leeds fan)

i think the point is, why mention the 'black origin' bit?
Why not call it 'The Blues/Soul awards' or something?
You mentioned Classical music,
well, Classical music was originally written by white composers but its not called the 'Music of White Origin' awards...

i'm going before I get label a rasict (or a Leeds fan)

Because that does not cover the whole spectrum of music.

what is the spectrum of music?

I assumed the music we were on about originated by Black slaves in America, around the 40s and is what you could call Blues, then later came Soul....

but, I dont really know, I'm not very knowledgable on these things, ask me something about rock and metal...

Last edited:
Going back to the original question, it's because "we" allow them to call it MOBO.
If there was a MOWO, the pc brigade would be jumping up and down, saying you can't do that.

Personally, I think it fecking stinks!

Going back to the original question, it's because "we" allow them to call it MOBO.
If there was a MOWO, the pc brigade would be jumping up and down, saying you can't do that.

Personally, I think it fecking stinks!

I think that's nonsense, what exactly 'stinks' about it?.
The 'PC brigade' doesn't exist and if there were 'MOWO' awards, more people would be taking the piss out of them than there would be complaining about them. There isn't any popular music that's of white origin.

The 'PC brigade' doesn't exist and if there were 'MOWO' awards, more people would be taking the piss out of them than there would be complaining about them. There isn't any popular music that's of white origin.

surely indie is white origin?

Let's have a MOWO awards night and see what happens then!:102:

surely indie is white origin?

Depends what you mean by 'indie', Kylie Minogue is an indie artist strictly speaking.

If you mean guitar based noise, that has originated from rock music, which can trace its lineage back to black music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566