MON at Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dour

Our season has been shite, to be sure, and I ain't particularly arguing against 'Kelly out'.

But can any stattos tell me who has had the better record over their time in charge? Because, given the resources he's had, you'd have maybe thought MON wouldn't have been on the verge of being drawn into a relegation fight.

I thought about O'Neill coming back here when it looked like Villa would lose last night but it will be the end of next season (should they have another crappy one) at the earliest and by that time we'll have a shit hot manager in and be in the prem and not want him!

MON will do well at Villa,its only his first season there and he's done a complete overhaul of thier Squad.Got some good young players and I think next season they will do a lot better,saw them last night and in the 2nd half they looked very good IMO

MON will do well at Villa,its only his first season there and he's done a complete overhaul of thier Squad.Got some good young players and I think next season they will do a lot better,saw them last night and in the 2nd half they looked very good IMO

I don't know, When I went to see them a couple of weeks ago they were shocking. And MON could see it - but decided not to make a change until the 73rd min. The tactics were all wrong in the first half, but they came out the same in the second half. The right back had a total nightmare of a game, but he was not subed. I thought it was quite a poor magerial perfomrance from mon tbh.

Agreed....if MON wasn't there this season, they would have been relegated.

I don't know, When I went to see them a couple of weeks ago they were shocking. And MON could see it - but decided not to make a change until the 73rd min. The tactics were all wrong in the first half, but they came out the same in the second half. The right back had a total nightmare of a game, but he was not subed. I thought it was quite a poor magerial perfomrance from mon tbh.

Hard to judge on one game though,I just think he's putting together a decent Squad:102:

Hard to judge on one game though,I just think he's putting together a decent Squad:102:

True but the Villa fans around us were non too impressed with MON, his tatics or his subs. He came in for some abuse from parts of the ground.

At the risk of being shot, I think MON may be proving himself to be an above average manager at best, not the world beater we all thought he was. At the end of the day we never finished higher than 9th (I think), so surely managers like Allerdice, Coppel etc should be given similar rankings?

At the risk of being shot, I think MON may be proving himself to be an above average manager at best, not the world beater we all thought he was. At the end of the day we never finished higher than 9th (I think), so surely managers like Allerdice, Coppel etc should be given similar rankings?

:018: 8th

At the end of the day we never finished higher than 9th (I think), so surely managers like Allerdice, Coppel etc should be given similar rankings?

We finished 8th in 99/00. More to the point though, during O'Neils reign we never finished outside the top ten. Coppell has another four seasons to equal that record and Alladyce has probably had more money than O'Neill had.

Alladyce has had much more money than MON

I thought Berger looked good when he came on for Villa last night. Might be worth looking at for us next season on some kind of pay as you play deal!

MON is being given £50m to spend in the summer.

I thought Berger looked good when he came on for Villa last night. Might be worth looking at for us next season on some kind of pay as you play deal!

are you joking, as if patrick berger would accept a pay as you play deal at a shit championship club. maybe on a permanent real contract. if hughes gets paid every week then im sure as hell that berger would expect the same.

if only, if we had all players on pay as you perform contracts we'd be rich as nazis after this season. berger has been up with the big boys and knows a championship club would pay him daft money to sit on the bench or be shite, dublin perfected this while at city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669