More players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argus

Leicester hope to sign at least three more players this summer, according to football director Andrew Neville.

The Foxes have already signed Matt Mills, Kasper Schmeichel, Lee Peltier, Sean St Ledger, Neil Danns, David Nugent and Paul Konchesky.

Neville told the Leicester Mercury: "We are actively looking at three, maybe four more acquisitions.

"I am fairly certain at least one will be joining us in Austria and maybe more than that."

Does this include loan signings as well? :102:

Told this morning that two of the targets have not been previously linked, in fact they are a bit different from Sven's current policy.

So does that mean
a) Untried younger players on loan a la last season
b) Big star name, that it has previously been claimed the owners wanted to attract non UK attention
c) Foreign player that no one has heard of

I don't want to do a 'Jas' but anyway...

Could quite easily be all three as the person who told me doesn't have a clue about Football (she'd heard the targets thing through the local radio in the past few days), so didn't mention names but their services are required by the club in the next few weeks.

We need more than 3, another right back, another left back, another centre back, another central midfielder, 2 right wingers, a left winger and another striker, that's 8, so where's this 3 come from?

We need more than 3, another right back, another left back, another centre back, another central midfielder, 2 right wingers, a left winger and another striker, that's 8, so where's this 3 come from?

Sven says we need two in each position, so which 5 are you tossing overboard to accommodate another 8 on top of the 7 already in, and the 12 or so that Sven is keeping from last season?

We definitely don't need 2 right-wingers Gallagher is already one of our best players. Vassell is more than decent back-up for there as well.

Are you mental?

At most we need a right back, a left back, a striker and maybe a versatile winger. In what world do we need another central midfielder? We usually play a 3 man midfield and we've got 5 players, 4 of whom will be expecting to start, competing for first team places in that slot. That's not to mention that we've got versatile players such as Peltier, Bamba and St Ledger who could operate in midfield.

I think 4 is about the right number of players to get in, with maybe 1 or 2 of them being loanees. We don't want too much upheaval, we just need to build on the success of the last couple of seasons and the core of the team, not rip it apart by replacing everyone.

In what world do we need another central midfielder? We usually play a 3 man midfield and we've got 5 players, 4 of whom will be expecting to start, competing for first team places in that slot. That's not to mention that we've got versatile players such as Peltier, Bamba and St Ledger who could operate in midfield.

We've got six central midfielders. Everyone forgets Moussa.

We've got six central midfielders. Everyone forgets Moussa.

I thought he was more of winger? But if he's versatile, it gives us more options, which is good.

On Sven's 2 per position, we have:
Goalies: Schmeichel and Weale - Sorted
Backs: Mills, Konchesky, St. Ledger, Peltier, Bamba, Tunchev and Berner - Need maybe 1 more
Central Midfield: Danns, Wellens, King and Abe - Sorted
Wings/Wide Midfield: Gallagher, Dyer, Moussa and Kermogant - Need maybe 1 more
Forwards: Nugent, Vassell, Howard and Waghorn - Need maybe 1 more

That is 21 already, and personally, I think they are all good enough to stay. If the season started tomorrow I would be happy to go with this squad. Having said that, if Sven/Neville can land Maynard or equivalent and another Midfielder/Back, that would be amazing!

And that is leaving out Oakley, N'Guessan, Moreno and Schlupp. Lord knows why MidlandsFox thinks we need another 8 in!

where is Superscout when you need him

I thought he was more of winger? But if he's versatile, it gives us more options, which is good.

He was interviewed on LCFC Player after the first pre-season game, in which he played centrally. He said that he's a central midfielder but would play wherever he was put. I think he mostly played in the middle in reserve games last season. Don't know about when he was out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669