Morrissey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Tickets on sale tomorrow 9 a.m.

Luvvly Jubbly

without Marr and co. its a waste of time. The idiot of a man he has become is not receiving my money.
Why is Morrissey an idiot, and what did Marr do that any other guitarist can't?.

I'm not going to see The Smiths, although undoubtedly he will do some tracks, I'm going to see Morrissey.

Please define why you refer to Morrissey as "an idiot of a man"

I have no comment to make about Morrissey as a person because I know nothing about him.
However I have heard quite a bit of music by him and I really cant stand it.

Why is Morrissey an idiot, and what did Marr do that any other guitarist can't?.

I'm not going to see The Smiths, although undoubtedly he will do some tracks, I'm going to see Morrissey.

Please define why you refer to Morrissey as "an idiot of a man"

The Smiths were before egos went into over-drive.

Mozza's comments such as 'its acceptable for animal rights terrorists to blow up animal testers homes' etc. The poor bugger feels like he has to make these comments to simply sell records. He's a man of his opinion but extremist opinion is not what the world needs. After all isnt it Muslims extremist boasting the words of hate.

The Smiths were before egos went into over-drive.

Mozza's comments such as 'its acceptable for animal rights terrorists to blow up animal testers homes' etc. The poor bugger feels like he has to make these comments to simply sell records. He's a man of his opinion but extremist opinion is not what the world needs. After all isnt it Muslims extremist boasting the words of hate.
I'm not going for his opinion, nor to get involved in a major debate with him, I'm going to watch and listen to a man I have admired musically for (x) amount of years.

If you only go to gigs of musicians that don't appear to be tossers, you won't go to many

I'm not going for his opinion, nor to get involved in a major debate with him, I'm going to watch and listen to a man I have admired musically for (x) amount of years.

If you only go to gigs of musicians that don't appear to be tossers, you won't go to many

What I am saying is I am not willing to give him money to feed his ego and his often idiot opinion even more. T

he reason hes like this is because of a fanbase he built up and quite deservely so through his lyrically prowess. He simply believes his own hype. Now he has this worshiping fanbase he feels the need to insert opinion on them.

You watch him at a gig, he mentions Bush, Blair, Veggies, Animal Rights or Thatcher in between songs which is irrevelant and not what you come to see.

You watch him at a gig, he mentions Bush, Blair, Veggies, Animal Rights or Thatcher in between songs which is irrevelant and not what you come to see.
Which admittedly, I find wrong at gigs and don't enjoy these bits. But, I have never seen Morrissey and I am more than prepared to put that aside to see him perform

Which admittedly, I find wrong at gigs and don't enjoy these bits. But, I have never seen Morrissey and I am more than prepared to put that aside to see him perform

Which I suppose is where mine and yours difference in opinion comes from

Artists Performance Over Artists Opinions

Similar to how politics has evolved into Personalites Over Policies.

Which I suppose is where mine and yours difference in opinion comes from

Artists Performance Over Artists Opinions

Similar to how politics has evolved into Personalites Over Policies.
Politics aren't important to me in any shape or form. If Morrissey blurts on about different parties or policies I honestly haven't got a clue as to what he will be on about.

I couldn't even tell you who the leaders of the parties are (other than Tony Blair), I couldn't even tell you who is red and who is blue. and you know what, I bet I'm much happier for it

I love the smiths. morrissey less so.

The question is, does he drop anchor in poo bay or not?

I like some of Morrisey's solo stuff. Especially his early stuff. Sure, compared to The Smiths it's abysmal (but then most things are).

I do sometimes feel that Marr was the true genius behind The Smiths though. Best guitarist of all-time IMO

It's a shame I don't have enough money to buy tickets ATM. Was looking forward to the Loughborough folk festival aswell

Last edited:
I do sometimes feel that Marr was the true genius behind The Smiths though. Best guitarist of all-time IMO

spot on on both counts there M!key.:icon_cool

I must be the only person in the world who just doesnt get the smiths. i really dont like them at all.

Make that two people.

thank you paul. I dont get all the fuss about them, maybe you had to be there when it was all happening originally or something but I just dont get it. Maybe they are just one of those bands that havent aged well in terms of their music.

I just can't identify with their sound.
Now, The Pet shop boys, erasure, george micheal and elton john, that's my sort of music
you fecking chutney ferret.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670