Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I'm proven wrong but I still think we could be getting a hell of a lot more for that money. Good player but nowhere near a £20mil+ player. Don't see why people think he's so much better than Leo or Shinji.

Hope I'm proven wrong but I still think we could be getting a hell of a lot more for that money. Good player but nowhere near a £20mil+ player. Don't see why people think he's so much better than Leo or Shinji.
He will score more goals than any of the strikers we currently deploy beside Vardy.

Surely Slimani would have been a better bet of the two? We're spending £25m on this guy and aren't prepared to spend the £23m wanted for Slimani? Slimani has international experience and has been prolific for a top team in Portugal. Deeney has done well for Watford last year but for me this is well over-priced. He isn't quick or particularly strong. I'm not sure what his standout attribute really is.

My only other comment is for the first time ever I feel somewhat sentimental towards our current players and wouldn't want any of our current strikers to leave.

We all know better than Walsh, obviously

The bloke knows feck all

I'm not disagreeing at all, as I said I hope I'm wrong! And Walsh has more than proven his trust but this does have a whiff of the Andy Carroll signing about it.

He will score more goals than any of the strikers we currently deploy beside Vardy.

Based on what?

6 of his 13 PL goals last season were penalties - he's not going to be taking penalties while Vardy is in the side so he won't be getting the same opportunity to score so many from the spot.

Ulloa scored 10 goals playing alongside Vardy taking out the penalties in the 2014-15 season, so I'm not sure why you'd think that.

Don't get where this logic he is an upgrade on Ulloa and Okazaki comes from tbh.

Ulloa scored 10 goals playing alongside Vardy taking out the penalties in the 2014-15 season, so I'm not sure why you'd think that.

Ade Akinbiyi scored 10 goals in the 2000-01 season. Let's get him back. The point I'm trying to make is that next season is 16/17. Scoring stats from 14/15 are irrelevant.

There's no doubt in my mind that Deeney is a better player than our other current options, aside from Vardy.

Based on what?

6 of his 13 PL goals last season were penalties - he's not going to be taking penalties while Vardy is in the side so he won't be getting the same opportunity to score so many from the spot.

Don't get where this logic he is an upgrade on Ulloa and Okazaki comes from tbh.

Get where you're coming from but he wasn't in the best team in the country last season.

Based on what?

Logic suggested Spurs wouldn't draw at home to WBA and draw away to Chelsea didn't it?

Have any of you even watched Deeney play ?

Ever ?

Extraordinary stuff

Deeney was carrying a proper chubby for us when he was on the MOTD sofa late last season.

The kind of player and character that will add even more guts and quality to this team.

Have any of you even watched Deeney play ?

Ever ?

Extraordinary stuff
Deeney always looked dangerous in the championship, but last season Huth and Morgan kept him quiet in both games.

IMO The player who caused our centre backs the most problems last season was Rondon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669