Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky now saying we have rejected £7.5m from Sunderland for Leo.

Australia youth left-back Callum Elder, 22, has been recalled by parent club Leicester City from Brentford after six appearances for the Bees.

Probably to ship him out on loan to another team who might play him more.

He was playing regularly until he got injured, and he hasn't been fit since.

Turns out we've just shipped him out to Barnsley.

Now I'm not usually one to jump in on the whole 'everything's going wrong at the club' type of thing... But there does seem to be a problem in our recruitment strategy at the minute. More the actual negotiating/buying element of it rather than the scouting...

We seem to have a long list of names we're targeting, who I assume have been scouted for some time so I'm not too worried about them being 'panic buys'. I'm more concerned at our inability to get a deal over the line.

In the summer it was a desperate search for a midfielder, now a central defender (we seem to be ignoring the right back issue). Even last January and our fruitless search for a new striker...

Is this down to Rudkin?

From the Mockery:

14:09 Burnley make bid for Lawrence

Reports are coming in of a late Burnley bid for City attacking midfielder Tom Lawrence, who is on loan at Ipswich.

Lawrence is hot property after a burst of form with the Tractor Boys, and the Telegraph are reporting of an offer for the 23-year-old from tonight's opponents Burnley.

City have declined the bid, but only after making a u-turn on the Welshman.

The Telegraph believe City had told Lawrence he had no future at the club, but when Burnley came in, changed their minds and insisted he was staying.

It is likely now that Lawrence will remain at Ipswich for the rest of the season.

What the **** are we playing at?

Now I'm not usually one to jump in on the whole 'everything's going wrong at the club' type of thing... But there does seem to be a problem in our recruitment strategy at the minute. More the actual negotiating/buying element of it rather than the scouting...

We seem to have a long list of names we're targeting, who I assume have been scouted for some time so I'm not too worried about them being 'panic buys'. I'm more concerned at our inability to get a deal over the line.

In the summer it was a desperate search for a midfielder, now a central defender (we seem to be ignoring the right back issue). Even last January and our fruitless search for a new striker...

Is this down to Rudkin?

It could be a number of things. I think it's that clubs want a lot more money than players are worth because of the TV deal. They see Leicester as Prem Champions and think they need quality they've got to pay big, now they see us as in trouble they need help they've got to pay big.

The whole market needs to calm down as things are quite ridiculous.

Leave him on loan at Ipswich, he's been great for them this year. Do not sell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669