Murray v Wawrinka

Status
Not open for further replies.
i seem to be one of a rare breed on here as i actually like murray, (partly because i'm half scottish but still) looking forward to the game tomorrow, should be good.

i seem to be one of a rare breed on here as i actually like murray, (partly because i'm half scottish but still) looking forward to the game tomorrow, should be good.

I think he's alright,seems to have grew up a bit in the last 18 months and hate him you may but there is no denying he is one of the best in the world at his sport and Britain has a nation have very few of them.Hope he wins today and goes on to win the whole thing

I like the bloke cus he's a winner. As HF said he's grown up in the last year or two. I'll let him off for his football shirt thing he did when he was young. We all do stoopid stuff when were young.

He's a born winner and i reckon he's got a great chance to win this. He's got the game and he's also got the mentality to do it. He is a very clever person and reads the game so well.

i tip my hat to him. He came through and won against a guy who was playing better than him. he got the job done. That's what seperates him from good old tiger tim.

I'll let him off for his football shirt thing he did when he was young. We all do stoopid stuff when were young.

I don't think it was stupid, it showed he had a sense of humour, and he only did it because people were taking the piss out of Scotland not qualifying. The people who took his comments to mean he hates England are the ones being stupid.

People complain about the lack of "characters" in sport, but when they do something that shows their character there will always be people that don't like it and criticise them for it.

He's a quiet guy,people expecting him to be outspoken or run around the court waving a Union Jack are going to be dissapointed but that doesn't mean he isn't patriotic.I think if he was English more people would be supporting him but some people down hre will take a dislike to him just because he isn't English.Of course there are those who couldn't give a toss about him because they aren't interested in tennis which is fair enough.I'll be watching him today and I hope he wins

I don't think it was stupid, it showed he had a sense of humour, and he only did it because people were taking the piss out of Scotland not qualifying. The people who took his comments to mean he hates England are the ones being stupid.

People complain about the lack of "characters" in sport, but when they do something that shows their character there will always be people that don't like it and criticise them for it.

Yeah i'll agree with that jeffery. I like the bloke and i never really took much notice of that football shirt thing. We had a mass debate at the pub (riveting convo in the nag!!) about him the other week and there was only me and another bloke who liked him. the others say they hated him with a passion!

I think that incident has affected his support but being the type of person he is, i dont think it bothers him one bit. he's there to do a job.

Well said.

Scotsman hates England Football team???, Shock horror!!

Upset the grey haired ones at the LTA. Most honest people couldn't care less.

Yeah i'll agree with that jeffery. I like the bloke and i never really took much notice of that football shirt thing. We had a mass debate at the pub (riveting convo in the nag!!) about him the other week and there was only me and another bloke who liked him. the others say they hated him with a passion!

I think that incident has affected his support but being the type of person he is, i dont think it bothers him one bit. he's there to do a job.

do you often mass debate in the pub ?

I just find it is like wanting Scotland to win at football win you are an England fan. You want them to do well, but you still aren't really arsed if they get beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669