Confirmed Transfer Nampalys Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City can today (Sunday) confirm that we have reached agreement with OGC Nice for the transfer of Nampalys Mendy, subject to Premier League and FA approval.

Nampalys, 24, has agreed terms on a four-year contract and will become Leicester City’s third signing of the summer following the arrivals of Ron-Robert Zieler and Luis Hernandez.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Mendy said: “I am very happy to come to Leicester City. The team have just enjoyed a great season and it’s excellent to be here. For me I want to play at this level. I like the Premier League and I follow every match. It’s fast and physical and I want to impose myself on the league.

“I know the coach (Claudio Ranieri), I know his mentality and I know his philosophy. When he speaks it’s direct and clear and for me I like this."

Excellent. Hopefully an addition rather than a replacement for Kante.

great signing, who our staff willimprove to a full international, new transfer record (till Tuesday when Musa joins)

We seem to now have an embarrassing amount of riches in midfield:

Mendy/Kante/Drinkwater/King/Inler/James/Amartey

If Kante doesn't go, could we see Inler and/or James exit the building I wonder?

Why would James be exiting? Surely he will be given every opportunity to break into the first team he wasnt exactly shabby in our first season with Cambo.

Will be highly amusing if this lad turns out to be as good as Kante with every top flight manager saying we were looking at him to but not having the minerals to buy him.

Is Mr. Mendy a Ranieri signing or a Walsh signing?

Good stuff, crazy that £13m hardly raises an eyebrow these days.

Ill be happy if we get that Musa lad as well.

Exciting times, cant wait for the new season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5Norwich City4674
6West Brom4673
7Hull City4670