Neil Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lboro fox said:
Im sure if a team thought they had a chance of getting Lennon for his last year of playing then they would be in there. Muzzy is different as his injury problems mean that return would probably not be beneficial to the club, Lennon's almost certainly would.

I suppose the difference with Lennon is that he has played regularly, unlike Muzzy, and for a top team. Although I'd foolishly welcome Muzzy back for sentimental reasons, I think Lennon would be a decent signing.

But it's not going to happen is it. He'll sign for Celtic again.

glyn said:
I suppose the difference with Lennon is that he has played regularly, unlike Muzzy, and for a top team. Although I'd foolishly welcome Muzzy back for sentimental reasons, I think Lennon would be a decent signing.

But it's not going to happen is it. He'll sign for Celtic again.

:018::018::018:

Listen to Bob.....

No offence to Bob - who has proved himself in the past - but the whole Newell/Cotterill thing has meant that I now tend to be a little suspicious of 'insider' stories :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Unsure about this one, as much as I admire Lennon for the great midfielder he is I have a fear of great players returning and it doesn't work out for them.
Just like Melton said earlier in this thread there are too many on here that are holding on to great the times under MON and his playing staff instead of leaving these great players as we remembered them, it's time to move on and try to build a squad that will eventually be as good as the lads of late nineties.

Lboro fox said:
:018::018::018:

Listen to Bob.....

I think you are hearing what you want to hear. At no time has it actually been said that Lennon WILL sign for Leicester. Merely that he probably entertain the idea.

Don't get your hopes up okay.

glyn said:
No offence to Bob - who has proved himself in the past - but the whole Newell/Cotterill thing has meant that I now tend to be a little suspicious of 'insider' stories :icon_bigg

In fairness to Bob I think his information was sound, I don't think anyone at that time expected RK to perform the miracles he did.

alex said:
In fairness to Bob I think his information was sound, I don't think anyone at that time expected RK to perform the miracles he did.

speculation can be very misleading. When something like finding a manager is going on all sorts of rumours fly about inside the club as well as outside.
IMO only a small amount of LCFC employees would ( should ) have accurate knowledge to what was going on. For all the world and his dog to know would throw any negotiations that were going on down the toilet. Sure the employees would see well known people coming and going. I saw Gary Newbon in the restaurant around that time, but I dont think he was there for a job interview....

Boy Genius said:
speculation can be very misleading. When something like finding a manager is going on all sorts of rumours fly about inside the club as well as outside.
IMO only a small amount of LCFC employees would ( should ) have accurate knowledge to what was going on. For all the world and his dog to know would throw any negotiations that were going on down the toilet. Sure the employees would see well known people coming and going. I saw Gary Newbon in the restaurant around that time, but I dont think he was there for a job interview....
Did you stand up and sing "Gaaaary Newbon, what a wanker, what a wanker"

He presented a presentation night at Melton Working Mens Club a few years ago and this was his warm welcome

Melton Fox said:
He presented a presentation night at Melton Working Mens Club a few years ago when I was lurking there looking for a bit of rough

Please, not on your own doorstep:018:

Melton Fox said:
Did you stand up and sing "Gaaaary Newbon, what a wanker, what a wanker"

He presented a presentation night at Melton Working Mens Club a few years ago and this was his warm welcome

There is something I never thought I would hear... "Melton" and "Working Men" all in the same sentance......:biggrin:

alex said:
Newbon's a legend - what twats...

to be fair Alex it was in Melton........ and its the only song they know..:biggrin:

Boy Genius said:
FFS Melton its the weekend....I won't see Cecil the gardener again until Monday and now I've got wood and it won't go down again:018:
:eek: Weirdo

Last edited:
I'm not yet convinced if getting Lennon would be that much of a great move. He's in a different condition from when we first had him and we have a completely different set up to when he was last here.

I think Lennon may also be wanting to rekindle his former youthful glory days that are long gone.

At best he'll be a stop-gap for next season alone. Then send him to Cov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669