Neon Bible - Arcade Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeing if you knew, it's easy for people to just say what they have read when backing up arguments. Well done.

Indeed, Funeral does have an energy source, but I fail to see how people can disregard Neon Bible at such an early stage. At least let the musical dust settle. I'll judge it when it's ready to be judge, so that's any time between May 2007 and July 2007.

Just seeing if you knew, it's easy for people to just say what they have read when backing up arguments. Well done.

Indeed, Funeral does have an energy source, but I fail to see how people can disregard Neon Bible at such an early stage. At least let the musical dust settle. I'll judge it when it's ready to be judge, so that's any time between May 2007 and July 2007.

Brilliant, thanks Joe, we cant wait.

Who can't? You and Durham and Duzza? So many personalities these day, I struggle to keep up.

15,000 posts is near Durham. Well done.

My early opinion (based on about 20 listens and seeing many of the songs performed live) is that it's a cracking album. I really can't see how people fail to be impressed with it. AND - I also think it's a slow burner.

It's not as good as funeral but that is a hard act to follow!

Windowsill makes me laugh - is it about global warming? Not a big fan of that one. I like Neon Bible best at the moment, great background music for phone sex. oops.

Just listened to the 'real' version, its blooming excellent. A completely different beast to Funeral.

Windowsill is actually about the lead who was born in America but then had to moved back to Canada because his Dad couldnt look after him. It's about him not classing himself American.

i'm listening to this album for the second time

not getting it all, just seems a bit Bruce Springsteen and average

4/10

not heard the first album, hopefully that'll be the one they play at Leeds!

i'm listening to this album for the second time

not getting it all, just seems a bit Bruce Springsteen and average

4/10

not heard the first album, hopefully that'll be the one they play at Leeds!
Exactly what I thought.

Can't tell if the lead singer is Bruce Springsteen, Jarvis Cocker or Paddy Mcaloon

Although I do think it is a good album

I think it's a wonderful album. Personal favourite is the title track - not sure why, just has a melody in it that melts me. (so I do know why then - durr brain)

Last edited:
Dont bother, snap it in half and push it down your ear canals, would be less painful :icon_lol:

Can't understand why you don't like the album - personally I think it's quality. Seeing them live may help you realise it's brilliance Duzz.

Can't understand why you don't like the album - personally I think it's quality. Seeing them live may help you realise it's brilliance Duzz.

ah, the argument of personal incredulity

Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673