New Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
:D :D :D
Too Right....and I've got Kenneth McKellars 'Mist Covered Mountains Of Home' as well on this new format...tape I think it's called.How are the long trousers DF?

Just a tip with those 'tape' things. In a bout 10 years you should be able to get hold of a 'cassette deck' that has 'auto rewind' - well worth it, make sure you invest in the technology.

Oh and another thing......when 'Betamax' hits the street, avoid it like the plague.

Hazzman said:
Never said Ian Curtis, I said Joy Division, the band

Either way it dont matter, you are telling me Kaiser Chiefs bassist plays like Peter Hook. Kaiser Chiefs are writing songs about Britain's culture and JD were writing about depression.

kaiser chiefs sound nothing like blur!

They have the same attitude, style and there lyrics. All I think is that they arent very original. I hate this lazy journalism though where people compare bands to other bands. That means Im now a hypocrite and will shut up!
No. I am telling you that I can hear the influence that Joy Division have had on the Kaiser Chiefs. I am not saying that i think Hooky or Curtis are actually in the Kaiser Chiefs, nor do I think that the Kaiser Chiefs will split, die or form another band called "anything" Order.

Again with Blur, maybe they have the same influences that Blur did and as a result their musical may be similair in the "odd" song.

There is a big difference between hearing an influence and saying one band sounds like another.

A million and one bands have been influenced by the Smiths, but they don't all sound like them.

drummindefender said:
kaiser chiefs sound nothing like blur!

I disagree - Tender sounds just like I Predict a Riot. Almost identical.

Hazzman said:
Joy Division! No way does that Ricky Wilson sound like Ian Curtis!
Kaiser Chiefs are major rip-offs of Blur and I think the only original sound of the year so far is Bloc Party.

I think Bloc party are shite - in fact I'd go as far as saying that they are bloody awful.

As for original material - you don't get much more originality for your money these days than British Sea Power. New album "Open Season" (I have no idea where they got the rabbit hunting idea from) out April 4th.

I have to say that the Kaiser Chiefs have managed to disappoint me with their debut album.

I Predict A Riot is a great song and the rest of them, well, aren't. Agreed they sound nothing like Blur though, Blur are good.

As for Bloc Party, they are quality, the album is fantastic IMO. And I'm hoping to get BSP new one this week cause Decline of... was awesome.

Arcade Fire is the best I've bought this year though, and LCD Soundsystem is good for the 1st CD, 2nd one isn't too hot though. Still listening to Kings Of Leon the most though, Aha Shake Heartbreak is quality, surprised you don't like it JF.

I do like the Kings of Leon's sound, but not that much.
Have you heard of 'Clinic' Dunc? I think you will like that.

On the BSP note, I listen to 6music in the day time at work because it usually plays good stuff although I was pissed off yesterday when I found out that radio 1 of all stations played 20 seconds of every track off the new album. Open Season will be the album of the year IMO. I'm off to see them on the 8th in Leeds. Cannot wait.

anyone else brought stereophonics new album-its more the style of the first two albums they released meaning there is a more raw sound then the previous 2 more mellow albums.

I will never buy another stereophonics album after their total disrespect for ears.

Their first album was good ,second one average and the ones since are total shite...IMO.

Music is all about opinions and I suppose mine doesnt agree with certain people.

However, Stereophonics first album very good and then it went downhill. However, when earing that Dakota track it sounds like they got some balls back. Welsh twats

drummindefender said:
you need your ears checking after comparing tender to i predict a riot :lol:

Who said that?

Do you not understand sarcasm?

I suppose it's my fault for not putting the ^ symbol. Sorry.

Also, when someone says "You're deaf!", do you never say "What?", pretending to be a bit deaf?

Joe_Fox said:
Do you not understand sarcasm?

I suppose it's my fault for not putting the ^ symbol. Sorry.

Also, when someone says "You're deaf!", do you never say "What?", pretending to be a bit deaf?

If you set the rules Mr Fox you should abide by them^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670