New Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Sven said he would make an announcement today on the position (rumoured to be Berner), any news?

Sven said he would make an announcement today on the position (rumoured to be Berner), any news?

It is Berner. He's mentioned it in interviews over here.

According to Sven in an interview now on LCFC Player, "we're going to stick with what we've got" with Mike Stowell to do more general coaching, not just with the keepers. No mention of Berner at all.

How strange that we are spending all of this money yet seem happy to simply give old Mike a few more roles. I think the staff should be at the same quality level of the squad.

I don't see what we would lose by letting Berner become an active member of the back room staff.

Sounds ominous!

How strange that we are spending all of this money yet seem happy to simply give old Mike a few more roles. I think the staff should be at the same quality level of the squad.

I don't see what we would lose by letting Berner become an active member of the back room staff.

C'mon Lako. In a different thread Beighton and Blue Maniac equated being over sixty with senility and now you refer to "old Mike" - Mike Stowell is 46.

I have two thoroughly trivial reasons for being pleased. One is that a friend who was a cleaner at Belvoir Drive during the years from Adams to Holloway (quote from him: Martin Allen was the most unpleasant man I have ever met") reckoned that Mike Stowell was a really good bloke. My second reason is that I enjoy seeing Mike Stowell jump up and down with fury.

However at the Leicester legends evening both Birch and Taggs singled out Steve Walsh Sr for his awesome understanding of the game. So the number 3 position deserves serious comment.

If you need to change course you bring in people from outside. If you are on course you look within for two things - (1) someone "in house" with ability and understanding (2) someone who in the trendy phrase "buys into" what management is doing.

Nigel Pearson only took advice from Craig Shakespeare during matches although Shakespeare was wired up to get advice from Walsh Sr which he no doubt passed on. He never consulted Chris Powell or Mike Stowell. Paulo Sousa seemed to go it alone only rarely taking advice from that Bruno chap. Sven consulted Powell and Stowell quite a lot. When Hamann came he seemed rather a passenger during matches while Stowell became louder, angrier and more athletic in his irritation.

I cannot see anyway in which Berner (or for that matter Hamman) is a better choice than Mike Stowell who has seen it all. By comparison Bruno Berner is completely inexperienced,

If Mike Stowell is bring promoted then it is a sign that he is thinking along the same lines as Sven and that Sven rates him very highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669