Speculation New contracts for Shakespeare and Walsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will find the replacement for Kante? Also saw a pic on the website of the squad with the owners... Where's Shaky? I am short sighted so cut me some slack if he is there!

FFS. This is worse news than Kante. I thought Walsh would stay. Presumably he'll also take most of his staff with him.

This is ****ing horrible.
Also the line that apparently the owners trust Rudkin to make the same kind of signings doesn't fill me with hope either!

Wake me up when the transfer window closes.

There were four really key recruitment personnel at the club as of two years ago. First Rob McKenzie got poached by Spurs. Then Ben Wrigglesworth got pinched by Arsenal. Now it looks like we'll lose Walsh too. The only one left with be David Mills but he may follow Walsh. It is worth saying that the entire scouting network effectively work for Walsh so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if practically all of them follow him.

Losing Kante is something the owners couldn't really stop. Losing Walsh will be an act of utter stupidity on their part because it really didn't have to happen. He is the single biggest reason we've propelled forward over recent years.

If he can just leave when he wants I should be working at Leicester City Football Club because whoever is drafting their contracts is a total muppet.

Everton, ffs Everton.

**** off, anyone who thinks another club will see them better off can **** off.

I watched shit play for this club and ill be ****ed if these feckers change that connection.

Again, anyone who would rather be elsewhere can **** off, every single last one of them.

Lako for PM.

Why people at the club wouldn't want to have one more year genuinely baffles me.

It's not like an average season next year lessens the achievements of the previous one.

In short though, we won the league, the rest of football can choke on our delicious gigantic bollocks for all I care.

Pick apart the club, none of the parts will ever achieve what the whole did.

Up the foxes.

Seriously, WTF is going on? Is this the price we pay for success? If so, maybe mid table mediocrity is what we should aim for.

All the joy from the end of last season is being leeched away. It's as if the powers-that-be decided we've had our moment and they'll be ****ed if we can have another. A club of our size should not have done what we did and now we need bringing down to earth.

F*** Everton. Who the f**** are they? I can see us starting next season with half our title winning side at this rate and no one capable of replacing them.

I am seriously pissed off at the moment. But I tend to agree with Lako. Anyone who would rather be elsewhere can f*** right off.

Seriously, WTF is going on? Is this the price we pay for success? If so, maybe mid table mediocrity is what we should aim for.

All the joy from the end of last season is being leeched away. It's as if the powers-that-be decided we've had our moment and they'll be ****ed if we can have another. A club of our size should not have done what we did and now we need bringing down to earth.

F*** Everton. Who the f**** are they? I can see us starting next season with half our title winning side at this rate and no one capable of replacing them.

I am seriously pissed off at the moment. But I tend to agree with Lako. Anyone who would rather be elsewhere can f*** right off.

Most important part is that last bit. If they don't want to be here then **** em. Last season was great. Passion from stands and ALL players which I'd not witnessed since the turn of the millennium. At the end of the day though they are just employees of the club and can be swayed by the money - nothing will ever change that. I wouldn't swap what we've enjoyed this season for anything else though....Southampton achieve some good league finishes but won't be remembered for it yet their entire squad moves to Liverpool every summer for some midtable nothingness. Now that must feel like shit.

If he can just leave when he wants I should be working at Leicester City Football Club because whoever is drafting their contracts is a total muppet.

There's reported to be a £1 million release clause.

He's an employee, not a slave.
If someone working for the club will only sign a new contract with a release clause what are we supposed to do, just tell them to **** off? I'm sure both sides negotiate and come to a compromise, it's not like we're just letting people go for nothing.

I think most of the stuff being reported by the media has been is the usual summer speculation and bullshite, fed mainly by agents trying to secure the best possible deal for their client. The big difference about this summer is the fact we are League Champions, so suddenly all our players and staff are more high profile and because we have come such a long way in such a short space of time, which in turn has changed the landscape so dramatically since 12 months ago. Average players who were happy to be earning £20-£25k a week are now looking for deals well in excess of £50k, this is their golden opportunity, once in a lifetime chance to be a higher echelon player and between them and their advisors they explore every opportunity and use every trick to secure the best possible deal.

As for people leaving, can it be any worse than last summer, just surviving relegation following the great escape and then losing our manager and our superstar midfielder, things looked very bleak and yet the rest they say is history.....losing Kante is a blow and a disappointment, losing Walsh would be another, but I have faith in the owners and their management team that the processes, systems and networks will be retained, even if the individuals change, and if recent history is anything to go by then the replacement will step up, provide new impetus and build on the success.

Yes this week has been pretty negative if everything you read across the media is true, but we are Leicester City and last season shows what we can achieve, even against the greatest of odds and if people don't want to be part of it, then thank you for your contribution, step aside and let somebody new come on aboard with energy, passion, commitment and drive. Onwards and upwards!!!!

Wow. Expected Kante to go, was not expecting this. Bigger loss than any player IMO - he's probably the best in his field, certainly in the UK. Be interesting to see who fills his boots but it's going to be a tough task to take over from one of the best scouts around.

Really disappointed by this one.

Tomake matters worse his natural successor was poached off us by Arsenal. It will be tough to replace him on the scouting/recruitment side but as an assistant to Claudio im sure he has options,personally id go for Cambiasso

He's gone. How much of a blow is this? Can we cope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566