New ex-players (and managers) thread

He arrived long before The Great Escape started.

MTBT's post nails it, I believe.

Our results changed from the minute his run in the team began.

Huth was our saviour. Cambiasso was an old slow midfielder who got skinned easier than a rabbit in Wales.

Our results changed from the minute his run in the team began.

Huth was our saviour. Cambiasso was an old slow midfielder who got skinned easier than a rabbit in Wales.
Huth was very important, but he was also part of the team that kept losing during February/March. IIRC he would have played at least 5 non-successful games for us before The Great Escape started.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating getting Cambiasso back. His time with us is gone.

Bamba back in Leicester.

Huth was very important, but he was also part of the team that kept losing during February/March. IIRC he would have played at least 5 non-successful games for us before The Great Escape started.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating getting Cambiasso back. His time with us is gone.

I think we hardly lost a game where Huth played the full 90mins. Cambiasso played us into the position at the bottom of the league as his slowness exposed Morgan and the defence. I lost count of the number of times average players skipped past him and set up or scored goals.

Most over-rated player we've had in many a year.

I think we hardly lost a game where Huth played the full 90mins. Cambiasso played us into the position at the bottom of the league as his slowness exposed Morgan and the defence. I lost count of the number of times average players skipped past him and set up or scored goals.

Harsh. He wasn't world class, but he added experience and I think you can see today that for instance Drinkwater learned a lot from watching him and training with him. Doing things the simple way, one or two touches and simple passes to players not under pressure.

First five games Huth started;
Arsenal 1-2
Everton 2-2
ManC 0-2
Hull 0-0
Spurs 3-4

Arsenal 1-2
Everton 2-2
ManC 0-2
Hull 0-0
Spurs 3-4

Did he play for 90 mins in those games?

To be fair, we only let in ten goals, and managed a clean sheet against the mighty Hull

It was that crap twonk Cambiasso that cost us

I'm glad you agree with me. :002: The complete opposite of Kanté - he was like half a player instead of two, as I said average players left him in their wake and good players used his lack of pace to set-up their own teams to score.

Still so many Leicester fans were taken in by the odd long pass.

Arsenal 1-2
Everton 2-2
ManC 0-2
Hull 0-0
Spurs 3-4
Did he play for 90 mins in those games?
All but one. He was subbed for Mahrez in the 76th minute vs Spurs when we were 2-3 down and chasing an equalizer. Schlupp then made an own goal before Nuge gave us new false hope.

I'm glad you agree with me. :002: The complete opposite of Kanté - he was like half a player instead of two, as I said average players left him in their wake and good players used his lack of pace to set-up their own teams to score.

Still so many Leicester fans were taken in by the odd long pass.
It wasn't the long pass that was his force, rather the short simple ones.

Last edited:

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664