New ex-players (and managers) thread

Has anybody received a titwank from him?

Goalie titwanks are the new bus wanks.

We need a right back, he'd be fairly cheap and at least on a par with Simpson

Do we?

And no he is in no way on a par with Simpson. Since he replaced De Laet, Simpson has been phenomenal. Most underrated player in our squad. Even earlier this season when Huth, Morgan, and Fuchs couldn't go 5 mins without messing up, Simpson maintained his level.

Do we?

And no he is in no way on a par with Simpson. Since he replaced De Laet, Simpson has been phenomenal. Most underrated player in our squad. Even earlier this season when Huth, Morgan, and Fuchs couldn't go 5 mins without messing up, Simpson maintained his level.

You are confusing "consistent" with "phenomenal". He certainly has been consistent but he has big weaknesses, thankfully his defending is mostly solid.

He got the job over De Laet because he could defend better, De Laet kicked his ass in the attacking half. We could do much better.

You are confusing "consistent" with "phenomenal". He certainly has been consistent but he has big weaknesses, thankfully his defending is mostly solid.

He got the job over De Laet because he could defend better, De Laet kicked his ass in the attacking half. We could do much better.

We appear to be suffering from Icarus syndrome.
Simpson has been superb over the last couple of seasons. We don't need him to bomb forward because that's not how we play.

We appear to be suffering from Icarus syndrome.
Simpson has been superb over the last couple of seasons. We don't need him to bomb forward because that's not how we play.

No he hasn't. He's been average for a prem RB.

Simpson has been great AND consistent over the last two seasons, in my opinion.

However we do need to bring in another RB for cover at the very least.

Do you have any names in mind who you'd like us to sign as an improvement to Simpson?

Simpson is the best defensive right back in the league. Name one player that is better?

To claim that a defender being a good defender isn't good enough is barking mad. That's his job.

I'd be with you if the argument was about someone like Okazaki who is supposed to be a forward player but hardly ever scores or creates goals. However, you cannot dismiss someone that is excellent at what they're supposed to be excellent at.

Player manager Gareth Taylor--Fletcher crossed the ball for winner as Bangor won the Welsh league play-offs and qualified for Europe

Simpson is the best defensive right back in the league. Name one player that is better?

Half the league are better. But if you want just one then Danny Simpson isn't a tenth of the player that Kyle Walker is.

Some of you have forgotten how we were tormented down his side of the pitch for the first half+ of the season. That's ignoring when he wanders up into the attacking half of the pitch leaving the team to rely on Mahrez to cover for him.

Some of you have forgotten how we were tormented down his side of the pitch for the first half+ of the season. That's ignoring when he wanders up into the attacking half of the pitch leaving the team to rely on Mahrez to cover for him.
I don't recognise this at all.

Half the league are better. But if you want just one then Danny Simpson isn't a tenth of the player that Kyle Walker is.

I think BN was more specifically referring to DEFENSIVE right backs and Kyle Walker doesn't quite fit that description.

Overall, I think Walker is a better player than Simpson, as is Valencia, but if you solely focus on defensive attributes, Simpson is very good in his own right, very underrated IMHO.

I don't recognise this at all.

Me neither.

We were tormented down the other side for the first two thirds of the season, because Fuchs was absolute garbage. Simpson was our best defender for the first two thirds of the season IMO.

Me neither.

We were tormented down the other side for the first two thirds of the season, because Fuchs was absolute garbage. Simpson was our best defender for the first two thirds of the season IMO.
I also don't think he "wanders up into the attacking half". I think he's pretty disciplined in that regard, as he knows Mahrez isn't likely to cover for him.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463