New ex-players (and managers) thread

**** me I hope he fails miserably

Obviously he won't because the league is absolutely shite

That is a great piece. "Everyone says he's shit, but...."

Big Dan would do great up there tbh. Reckon he could win a few trophies too.

The fact that Amartey will forever go down in history as a 'Premier League winner' is just so incredible, especially since he played one hour and forty minutes of PL football across five appearances.

I had forgotten he is one of the few players who spans our Premier League-winning era all the way to the relegation season.

Got to say that even though I don't actually care, I do wonder what has motivated him. I thought he'd be a 'never go back' sort of bloke but I guess money talks louder. He has little to prove at Celtic (unless he thinks he can build a champions league squad) so either he really doesn't think he can get another job or he just wants a wage. I'm simultaneously baffled and not caring.

Ony three important things for Brodgers:

Brodgers.
Money.
Brodgers.

Got to say that even though I don't actually care, I do wonder what has motivated him. I thought he'd be a 'never go back' sort of bloke but I guess money talks louder. He has little to prove at Celtic (unless he thinks he can build a champions league squad) so either he really doesn't think he can get another job or he just wants a wage. I'm simultaneously baffled and not caring.

Yep, quite astounding.

I would've thought his ego wouldn't allow him to go back there - this feels almost like an admission of his ultimate failure here (despite the good early seasons).

This is a step down and a step out of the limelight.

I would've thought he'd wait it out for a Prem job.

He will now win loads of trophies and trick the football commentariat into thinking he's a genius football manager again. Managing an Old Firm club is just a trophy-winning machine for the CV.

Yep, quite astounding.

I would've thought his ego wouldn't allow him to go back there - this feels almost like an admission of his ultimate failure here (despite the good early seasons).

This is a step down and a step out of the limelight.

I would've thought he'd wait it out for a Prem job.
Its actually pretty simple.

People within the game, as in NOT two bob tabloid journalists, clueless pundits & the procession of wankers on all those pointless podcasts, haven't bought into his bollocks narrative that it was all someone elses fault. He & his " people " have been told that there isn't a hope in hell of anyone in the PL even looking at him as he's a busted flush & he's been figured out.

Hence, go back to the pub league & bathe in the worthless glory of being the biggest fish in the smallest pond in the world.

Only chance he has of managing in the PL again is if Everton are bottom 5 at Xmas. They're probably stupid enough.

. I thought he'd be a 'never go back' sort of bloke but I guess money talks louder.
I doubt it's anything to do with money. He'll be receiving his payoff from us on the drip and there'll be some kind of agreement that whatever he gets from want new club will be matched by an almost equal reduction in that drip.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663