New ex-players (and managers) thread

jb5000

Isn't he ill? Shame on them if they've sacked him (especially since they're doing pretty well), but could this be him deciding to step back for a recovery?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't he ill? Shame on them if they've sacked him (especially since they're doing pretty well), but could this be him deciding to step back for a recovery?

"Nigel Pearson has left Bristol City with immediate effect after being relieved of his role as manager.

City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “This was a difficult decision to make as we recognise and appreciate how much Nigel has done for the club over the past two-and-a-half years on and off the pitch.

“Nigel is highly respected by the staff and players and has been very supportive of the Academy structure and our Women’s team.

“We all wanted Nigel to achieve our ambition to be promoted but, with our recent results, feel that now is the time to make a change to give the club the best possible chance of success.”

First Team Coach Jason Euell and Head of Medical Performance Dave Rennie have also left the club.

Assistant Manager Curtis Fleming will take on the role of interim head coach, supported by Ali Hines and Kalifa Cissé as the club seek a new Head Coach."

jb5000

"Nigel Pearson has left Bristol City with immediate effect after being relieved of his role as manager.

City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “This was a difficult decision to make as we recognise and appreciate how much Nigel has done for the club over the past two-and-a-half years on and off the pitch.

“Nigel is highly respected by the staff and players and has been very supportive of the Academy structure and our Women’s team.

“We all wanted Nigel to achieve our ambition to be promoted but, with our recent results, feel that now is the time to make a change to give the club the best possible chance of success.”

First Team Coach Jason Euell and Head of Medical Performance Dave Rennie have also left the club.

Assistant Manager Curtis Fleming will take on the role of interim head coach, supported by Ali Hines and Kalifa Cissé as the club seek a new Head Coach."
Blimey, just reading what the fans think of their board too, sounds like a prize wanker at the top

homer

Madness

They now join Birmingham (and Cov, obviously) as a team I desperately want to fail and get relegated

Fox Fan

Madness

They now join Birmingham (and Cov, obviously) as a team I desperately want to fail and get relegated

Wonder if Birmingham will try and get Pearson when they inevitably sack Rooney.

If so, they'll have followed a very similar path to KP here when they brought in Sousa.

tedfoxxx

Not a surprise after he spoke out about a few things during the week.
It didn’t sound like a happy situation at all, typical Nige not mincing his words. He’s not currently well enough to do the job to his own high standards and they’ve not been particularly supportive is my read on it.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Could turn out to be a blessing for the man. He will have to have been compensated; I don't expect him to be short of a bob or two. And it will give him time to concentrate on his health issues.

pork pie fox

Not listened but is it because no ****er wants him and he's a bit of a div?
I’ve only just started to listen to it. I was going down a podcast rabbit hole and found it, so thought I’d post it. Here’s the YouTube link, in case it’s of interest:

City Fan

I think it’s quite sad what has happened to his career and him as a person since we won the league. He’s clearly a troubled fella.

He was a key part of our title winning side so he has cemented himself into Leicester City folklore.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663