New ex-players (and managers) thread

Worth watching that Declan Rice goal.

Evans getting out muscled and then deflecting it into his own net. Maguire stood like a big fat statue with his arm in the air appealing for something or other

1-1 going into injury time
Bring on Maguire and Evans
End up losing 3-1
Quality

I wonder if they were hoping bringing in Evans would help to get more out of Maguire...
Worth watching that Declan Rice goal.

Evans getting out muscled and then deflecting it into his own net. Maguire stood like a big fat statue with his arm in the air appealing for something or other

1-1 going into injury time
Bring on Maguire and Evans
End up losing 3-1
Quality
Delicious

Must say I don't feel the same level of bitterness/antagonism towards Maguire as I do for some other x-LCFC players. We bought him for a good price, he did okay for us, and we sold him for a record fee. He didn't down tools or couldn't be arsed before he left - unlike Mahrez, Youri, Evans, etc., but it was always going to be tough to live up to his inflated price tag at Man Utd.

Disagree about Mahrez. He said he would stay one more year, and he played well that whole year. It was the Drinkwaters of the world that screwed us over.

Must say I don't feel the same level of bitterness/antagonism towards Maguire as I do for some other x-LCFC players. We bought him for a good price, he did okay for us, and we sold him for a record fee. He didn't down tools or couldn't be arsed before he left - unlike Mahrez, Youri, Evans, etc., but it was always going to be tough to live up to his inflated price tag at Man Utd.
Tbf it's a regular thing at Man U these days, players go there for big bucks on a mega packet, and then become shit... Anthony is another great example, Onana that new keeper they've bought already looks dodgy. De Gea by the end had regressed into the realms of 'crap goalkeeper'. You can practically go through all the signings they've made in the last few years and say they're all worse now than when they joined....

Tbf it's a regular thing at Man U these days, players go there for big bucks on a mega packet, and then become shit... Anthony is another great example, Onana that new keeper they've bought already looks dodgy. De Gea by the end had regressed into the realms of 'crap goalkeeper'. You can practically go through all the signings they've made in the last few years and say they're all worse now than when they joined....
Sancho.

I wouldn't call De Gea crap. he always seemed to have a good game against us

Last edited:
Having decent players that turn crap?
Do Man U have an unreasonable amount of injured players too?

Just wondering.

Yep. I watched him a lot when he was at Dortmund, he looked like a very, very special player. I still think he is a terrific footballer, he needs to be at a different club. Man. Utd. are a complete shitshow on and off the pitch. Despite all the good players they have there I still can't quite fathom out how they always end up towards the top four in the league.

Despite all the good players they have there I still can't quite fathom out how they always end up towards the top four in the league.
That's really an indication of how average the rest of the so-called better teams are.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663