New ex-players (and managers) thread

Being of the same generation I used to admire and respect Gary Lineker but what a complete and perfect arsehole he is now.

Gary Lineker retweets call for Israel to be banned from international football
Match of the Day presenter reposted a statement on X from a pro-Palestinian campaign.

Yeah, criticising war crimes, what a ****
Mate, it’s not worth it. This discourse in this country is ****ed.

I saw two minutes of Laura Kuenssberg’s show this morning and it was just Starmer dancing around answering a question on Israel/Palestine (which to be fair he arrived at mentioning a two state solution) and a panel of Alan Cumming and Isabel Oakeshott slagging him off.

Anyway I’ve been watching some vintage LCFC footage and here’s a screengrab of me celebrating our win at Southend in League One, confirming our shittest title to date. Look at the state of that barnet. I’m a #1 back and sides man now. Wearing my old man’s vintage 79/80 shirt too. It’s almost missing a sleeve now because for some reason my mum tried to iron it not long after this and the silly cow burned it.

I’m about 5 stone over fitting in the ****er now anyway. Reckon my lad will be ready for it in the 36/37 season when we take on Jupiter FC in the Inter Solar Dimensional Cup sponsored by Shell.

IMG_1700.jpeg

I saw two minutes of Laura Kuenssberg’s show this morning and it was just Starmer dancing around answering a question on Israel/Palestine (which to be fair he arrived at mentioning a two state solution) and a panel of Alan Cumming and Isabel Oakeshott slagging him off.

Anyway I’ve been watching some vintage LCFC footage and here’s a screengrab of me celebrating our win at Southend in League One, confirming our shittest title to date. Look at the state of that barnet. I’m a #1 back and sides man now. Wearing my old man’s vintage 79/80 shirt too. It’s almost missing a sleeve now because for some reason my mum tried to iron it not long after this and the silly cow burned it.

I’m about 5 stone over fitting in the ****er now anyway. Reckon my lad will be ready for it in the 36/37 season when we take on Jupiter FC in the Inter Solar Dimensional Cup sponsored by Shell.

View attachment 18351
So you've Trans'd.... you used to be a Shelah??

View attachment 18351
Good day out, that

GARY LINEKER has removed a social media post calling for Israel to be banned from international football, having apparently misunderstood the message he shared.

The Match of the Day presenter retweeted a pro-Palestinian campaign calling for Israel to be barred from tournaments and games over “its grave violations of international law”.

Lineker has removed his retweet following a backlash from MPs angered by the BBC star’s “ill-informed” and “inappropriate” use of social media.

It is understood that the former England international did not understand what he was sharing, according to sources, and believed he was sharing a news article about Israel being banned, rather than a demand for a ban.

His deletion of the message is unusual, as the presenter refused to remove a controversial post from March 2023 in which he compared the Government’s messaging on its migrant policy to rhetoric from “1930s Germany”.

Lineker’s most recent controversy was provoked when he shared a post put out by the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel, which included a statement from the Palestinian Football Association that called on Fifa and the International Olympic Committee to sanction Israel.

Lineker’s action was condemned by Andrew Percy, a prominent Jewish Tory MP, who branded the presenter “an ill-informed, ignorant commentator on the Middle East”.

He added: “The BDS [Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions] movement is a racist, anti-Semitic campaign and nobody who receives taxpayers’ money working in the BBC should be endorsing a campaign that is widely understood to promote Jew hate.”

Stephen Crabb, the parliamentary chairman of the Conservative Friends of Israel, said the call for a sports boycott was a “deeply inappropriate tweet for any BBC figure to endorse”.

It is understood that Lineker assured the BBC that he did not mean to endorse the boycott. The presenter believed he was sharing a news story about such a boycott, rather than a call for it to be brought about, and deleted his retweet when he realised his error.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463