New Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talking Balls

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some of the new features in the forum...

Choose the colour scheme / style of the site by selecting from the drop down box at the bottom of the page.

Email replies. The old forum had an email notification option, but this one is more useful as it tells you what was in the reply to your post.

Profile pictures. You can now display a picture in your profile (which you can upload from your PC). This is bigger than the avatar picture, so you could use it to post a picture of yourself. But please only do this if you're female :)

Attachments. You can now upload attachments to your posts. These can be pictures or other types of file.

You can now organise your private messages by adding your own folders.

You can rate threads - so if you particularly like something you can give it a high rating and make the thread originator feel good. Or give them a low rating if it's someone you don't like!

You can now select certain people to ignore, and you won't see their posts.

There's now an events calendar, you can add events to the calendar which will then be shown on the front page of the site. Hopefully someone will volunteer to add next season's fixtures.

You can add your date of birth to your profille, and you'll get a mention on the front page when it's your birthday.

Lots more new features too, I'll post more when I find out what they are!

For more information have a look at http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_user_maintain

If you're wondering where the LCFC news has gone....

I'm still getting to grips with the new forum so I'm testing my modifications on one template only until I get it working.
So at the moment the only template to include the LCFC news is the classic one, which you can select from the box at the bottom of the page. Once I've got everything working how I want on that template I'll add it to the others.

edited for being thick and not reading webbos post

Last edited:
admin said:
Here are some of the new features in the forum...

Choose the colour scheme / style of the site by selecting from the drop down box at the bottom of the page.

Email replies. The old forum had an email notification option, but this one is more useful as it tells you what was in the reply to your post.

Profile pictures. You can now display a picture in your profile (which you can upload from your PC). This is bigger than the avatar picture, so you could use it to post a picture of yourself. But please only do this if you're female :)

Attachments. You can now upload attachments to your posts. These can be pictures or other types of file.

You can now organise your private messages by adding your own folders.

You can rate threads - so if you particularly like something you can give it a high rating and make the thread originator feel good. Or give them a low rating if it's someone you don't like!

You can now select certain people to ignore, and you won't see their posts.

There's now an events calendar, you can add events to the calendar which will then be shown on the front page of the site. Hopefully someone will volunteer to add next season's fixtures.

You can add your date of birth to your profille, and you'll get a mention on the front page when it's your birthday.

Lots more new features too, I'll post more when I find out what they are!

For more information have a look at http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_user_maintain

I've just put in the first three months fixtures as a way of getting through a hangover, I'll probably do the rest later but anyone wants to finish it off please go ahead.

Ox Fox said:
I've just put in the first three months fixtures as a way of getting through a hangover, I'll probably do the rest later but anyone wants to finish it off please go ahead.

good stuff, that'll save me having to log onto the OS to view fixtures, don't know why you have to register to see fixtures mind. i was looking into how much money i'll have to put aside for the sheff utd game, and realised that i've got 6 weeks to do so, not as long as i imagined can't wait!

Just to let you know I've put all of the rest of the 05/06 fixtures in the calendar section. Don't know what will happen when they get moved about as you need to have admin status to make changes. But at least the provisional dates are now in place.

:dog:

Ox Fox said:
Don't know what will happen when they get moved about as you need to have admin status to make changes. But at least the provisional dates are now in place.

:dog:

Webbo seems to have sorted this already. You can now edit your own calendar entries.

Can I have an ever so small whinge about the new site (it is otherwise excellent) when you enter a large topic, you have the choice of the first three pages of the conversation and the last one- could it be put back to the other way round (like it was with the old style) as it makes it harder for a computer illeterate fool like me to get follow the conversation.

I said it was a small whinge, but I do find it awkward, just goes to show what a good job has been done that this is the only problem though, so all in all well done to the webmaster

jb5000 said:
Can I have an ever so small whinge about the new site (it is otherwise excellent) when you enter a large topic, you have the choice of the first three pages of the conversation and the last one- could it be put back to the other way round (like it was with the old style) as it makes it harder for a computer illeterate fool like me to get follow the conversation.

To go to the first page you haven't seen yet just click on the
firstnew.gif
image to the left of the topic title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687