New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't shock me if it's someone abroad, who was that chap MM got a portsmouth who was crap and didn't last long?? And where is he at now?

Even MM is surely not that stupid to reappoint someone who he had previously got rid of for being shit.

Why do some people want this Chelsea ressie coach to get the job? No one had ever heard of him until about 2 days ago.

Its a very narrow talent field and when the alternatives are the likes of Roeder and Megson, then LCFC will have to grab the best that they can get -so that's why I wouldn't object to him & would wish to avoid the rejects and the failures that are on the job market at the moment. To be fair this 'Chelsea ressie' has managed a championship club before so that's important (Reading FC I'm told on another thread) - but if Paul Jewell is the favourite as quoted in post above then that is good news as well. He knows this division and how to go about achieving promotion. An honest sort of character who knows how to build a team is how he struck me in his time at Wigan. I remember being totally shocked by how his team over-ran LCFC at the Walkers stadium in a game bossed by Kavanagh in midfield. Not a single star among them, but they swept to promotion.

Last edited:
Its a very narrow talent field and when the alternatives are the likes of Roeder and Megson, then LCFC will have to grab the best that they can get -so that's why I wouldn't object to him & would wish to avoid the rejects and the failures that are on the job market at the moment. To be fair this 'Chelsea ressie' has managed a championship club before so that's important (Reading FC I'm told on another thread) - but if Paul Jewell is the favourite as quoted in post above then that is good news as well. He knows this division and how to go about achieving promotion. An honest sort of character who knows how to build a team is how he struck me in his time at Wigan. I remember being totally shocked by how his team over-ran LCFC at the Walkers stadium in a game bossed by Kavanagh in midfield. Not a single star among them, but they swept to promotion.

Youth team.

Latest Betting - Not sure where this Rodgers guy comes in Must be a cart horse!! Basically no one knows - I hope its Jewel all the way!

Gary Mac favorite on-line

Gary McAllister 3/1
Howard Wilkinson 5/1
Dave Bassett 6/1
Mike Newell 9/1
Gary Megson 10/1
Gordon Strachan 10/1
Glenn Hoddle 10/1
Steve Cotterill 10/1
Ian Holloway 12/1
Bryan Robson 14/1
John Gregory 16/1
Martin Keown 20/1
Terry Butcher 25/1
Steve Claridge 25/1
Trevor Francis 33/1
Bobby Robson 33/1

5 in the frame on BBC?
Chris Coleman
Paul Ince
Nigel Worthington
Neil Warnock
Iain Dowie

They are all crap! Jewel all the way please except Sir Bobby R and Stevie C! Legends

strachan? why the feck would he come to leicester?

some of those options must be joke ones though. i'd say either colin or holloway would get my vote

Why do some people want this Chelsea ressie coach to get the job? No one had ever heard of him until about 2 days ago.

Found this about him today from a Chelsea site:

With regard to the Leicester position, speaking after the game Brendan Rodgers admitted it was his ambition to be a number one but then suggested at the age of thirty four and working at the best club in the land it might not be the right time, well words to that effect.

From what MM has said (MA not up to it because of lack of experience at mountain top) he must be lookng fr someone whose worked in the Prem ie Jewell, Warnock ( fans previous protest should rule him out) possibly Rodgers.
With fans turning against him MM has to make the right choice for himself and please the fans, Jewell is the obvious choice that ticks all the boxes but may need the biggest efforts of persuadtion, if he brought his old mate Walshie on board he would be a certainty.
What concerns me is MM saying yesterday me may sack again before he gets it right , meaning he could gamble again.....anyway its transfer deadline day is DM here yet?

Last edited:
From what MM has said (MA not up to it because of lack of experience at mountain top) he must be lookng fr someone whose worked in the Prem ie Jewell, Warnock ( fans previous protest should rule him out) possibly Rodgers.
With fans turning against him MM has to make the right choice for himself and please the fans, Jewell is the obvious choice that ticks all the boxes but may need the biggest efforts of persuadtion, if he brought his old mate Walshie on board he would be a certainty.
What concerns me is MM saying yesterday me may sack again before he gets it right , meaning he could gamble again.....anyway its transfer deadline day is DM here yet?

Every single appointment is a gamble. Tell me a sure banker please?

Jewell rejected an approach from us 2 weeks ago. The post wasnt vacant then though so who knows. The smart money is on Rodgers though IMO

Unfortunately I can't see Jewell being that interested.

Milan is an overall asset to Leicester City but there is undoubtedly a problem regarding his history and personality in respect of managers.

He is exceptionally hands on as an owner - and it's that power which is the obvious reason why he is willing to spend his money.

In all honesty not too many experienced and successful managers are going to put up with it so we may have to settle for someone like the Chelsea reserves coach or someone slightly more desparate for a job than Jewell is likely to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669