Post Match Newcastle 0 Leicester 0

I assume that was Bruno's foul on Soumare and then Tieleman's possible handball from point blank shot??

Sky commentary did say VAR was checking both but both quick checks.

I genuinely don’t think I’m being one eyed… how the **** did they not send off their player for planting his studs in our player’s thigh. Wasn’t even close to the ball.

Imagine if the players put that level of effort in for just one of our other recent games
That’s what I left feeling. The light bulb finally came on. Way way way too late.

If only anyone had recognized the state we were in and played this way, we’d be home and hosed.

I can’t drum up any faith in Bournemouth. Hope I’m wrong.

Going to be quite a Sunday.

And why oh why is Faes preferred to Souttar?

It’s up there with Ward in terms of baffling decisions.

I really wish Smith had decided to be a manager before today instead of just assuming the same shape and personnel that got us into this would get us out.

Newcastle brought their chairman out onto the pitch at half-time to try some sort of competition where he had to try to shoot from different distances into a half empty net. It was torture watching and he murdered it, something he’s allegedly had a hand in before

Newcastle brought their chairman out onto the pitch at half-time to try some sort of competition where he had to try to shoot from different distances into a half empty net. It was torture watching and he murdered it, something he’s allegedly had a hand in before
Gross

That’s what I left feeling. The light bulb finally came on. Way way way too late.

If only anyone had recognized the state we were in and played this way, we’d be home and hosed.

I can’t drum up any faith in Bournemouth. Hope I’m wrong.

Going to be quite a Sunday.
Last four Everton vs Bournemouth, Bournemouth have won all 4 with an aggregate score of 13-3.

Have faith.

Incidentally the ref card wasn’t given as ‘apparently’ the player didn’t follow through with enough force and ‘merely’ kicked him on the knee while making no attempt to play the ball.

How that is not deemed reckless, dangerous or out of control (or all three) is beyond me.

So somehow the rules (or interpretation thereof) are saying that so long as you don’t follow through then it is always only a yellow, madness?

Usually if I follow through it's a brown card.

Incidentally the ref card wasn’t given as ‘apparently’ the player didn’t follow through with enough force and ‘merely’ kicked him on the knee while making no attempt to play the ball.

How that is not deemed reckless, dangerous or out of control (or all three) is beyond me.

So somehow the rules (or interpretation thereof) are saying that so long as you don’t follow through then it is always only a yellow, madness?
Seeing he was off the ground and walked on it it's shocking. His whole weight was on tha leg and used it to stop his momentum.

I thought that was Arsenal. Everton were relegated in 1951 iirc.
The 1912–13 season was Woolwich Arsenal's ninth consecutive campaign in the first division of English football, but it would prove to be their last for nearly six years, as the club was relegated for the first and only time in their history.

although Highbury/Emirates has nothing to do with Woolwich Arsenal, that was SOUTH of the river and involved the club moving into a different area… not dissimilar to how Wimbledon became MK Dons.

You are right Everton have been relegated twice.

I’m still so glad we played for the draw against Newcastle…

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463