Post Match Newcastle 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just can’t bring myself to be that bothered. Was plainly obvious what was going to happen. It simply meant more to them than us.

Nobody got injured. We move on.

I've spoken to a few in the pub and this is their cup final. No idea why. Neither team was playing for anything.

Because the two individual performances have nothing to do with each other? Because two players can both have a crap performance?

Was Daka crap though or did we just not get him involved in the game? Nacho came on and had a total of 3 touches… because we didn’t get him involved in the game either.

People Have decided he’s an easy target, similar to whenever we don’t win they blame BR for the subs…

Was Daka crap though or did we just not get him involved in the game? Nacho came on and had a total of 3 touches… because we didn’t get him involved in the game either.

People Have decided he’s an easy target, similar to whenever we don’t win they blame BR for the subs…

True.

I mean, the subs today were very odd. Youri was more in need of a rest AND playing worse than Perez, and subbing him for Maddison would've kept a better shape.

But, Perez never ever seems to last longer than 60-70 mins of the game.

I guess on reflection we should have all expected that sort of indifferent performance but that was awful viewing.

Just disappointing as if we had tried harder and moved the ball quicker and with purpose they had no answer.

Three points wasted but I guess, so what in the circumstances?

To be honest, before the match I really wasn't bothered about the result as Europe is our main focus now and it was obvious we would play a rotated team.

Yet again though, it is the manner of the defeat which leaves such a sour taste.

So many times this season we have shown our naivety in that we unnecessarily over commit players forward when we don't need too and then we don't just give away a free kick and take the booking to stop the counter attack which is what any other PL team would have done.

The limp attack is another frustrating aspect too as despite the vast majority of possession in the second half, I don't think we even managed a shot on target and never really looked like scoring.

Lookman did OK but we were generally poor in the wide areas and shows why we desperately need at least 2 quick and direct wide players if we want to persist in the one up front approach.

Thomas was way off it again and was a perfect example why he needs a loan move. He is still a very good prospect and giving him a loan move at his age is in no way writing him off, but we are in a position where we can't really afford to have young players learning through mistakes if we want to be a top 6 team - let him make them elsewhere and comeback a better player for it.

Barnes was abysmal when he came on again too and really needs to add some consistency to his games and he plays like an opinion on here - he's either amazing or a mascot that's sneaked on to play.

And just everything about Newcastle owners is just revolting so that doesn't help too.

Everything, absolutely everything, between now and the end of the season has to be in service of two goals:

1. Winning the Europa Conference
2. Positioning our squad for the summer “transition”

This result doesn’t have a significant impact on either, I don’t think.

Obviously frustrating but let’s hope they learn from it. Today was lethargic and arrogant, we were punished.

And just everything about Newcastle owners is just revolting so that doesn't help too.
This pisses me off more than anything. A lot of people I would expect much better from have blinkers down. You can (it seems) sports wash blood off your hands.

Utter shite.

Tielemans looks like he’s carrying a sack of potatoes on his back. Surely someone else could stand around and pass the ball to the opposition?

This pisses me off more than anything. A lot of people I would expect much better from have blinkers down. You can (it seems) sports wash blood off your hands.

I was having a pint with a mate a couple of months ago. He doesn't like football at all (is a bit of a right leaning rugger bugger). He was going on about how weird it is that mutual friends are all about human rights, equality etc but dismiss it as a political issue when it comes to foootball. Tbh it does my head in when people who evidently know better just choose to no longer give a shit, or selectively give a shit.

I don’t think Mendy was as bad as people are making out.

Pedestrian game with an ugly ending. Neither side really deserved to win.

I was very excited with Daka and agree he has been poor since his return from injury.

KDH is quickly turning into a fantastic box to box midfielder, technically very gifted and he is surprisingly quick when in control of the ball.

Justin and Thomas couldn’t do what they do best due to Newcastle’s main route to goal being their wingers.

Overall, not too bothered as long as it doesn’t knock confidence for Roma matches, which I doubt it will.

Tielemans, I'm afraid it's got to the point where he doesn't deserve his place in this team.

He is lethargic, unaware of his surroundings, making stupid mistakes and it's actually causing real damage in games.

So many players to fault for the goal but the whole thing could have been stopped if he had done the right thing on the far side of the pitch.

He's a shadow of his former self.

BR immediately back to his garbage subs and nullifying Maddison and I'm sorry but based on the absolute garbage we've signed this season I'm ****ing terrified of him being involved in a serious rebuild.

If we were owned by Saudi Arabian royalty you can guarantee we'd have plenty of fans supporting them and chastising others as not being real fans for criticising them. All they'd have to do is show their face at a few matches and look happy when we score or win a trophy. C'mon, support the club, get behind the owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566