Newcastle away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disheartened, I just dont quite understand how you can go from a fairly good performance in the first half to hoofing in the second.. hopefully that will be resolved for the next game. As I have been reminded by a Forest fan, its a marathon not a sprint. With any luck his lot will get shin splints and end up relegated :icon_lol:

They stepped up a gear and we had no answer...i think sometimes you have to congratulate the other side in those cases.

If Howards and Matty's efforts had gone in, things might have been different.We were looking good in the first half imo. Thats football.

Pearson will learn from the second half, especially if he reads your posts :icon_wink

Thought Fryatt was a donkeys nob tonight.

Let's be fair to N'Guessan... he started off pretty well, was involved a lot in all our attacks (admittedly often chose the wrong option in the end)... but they then moved Geremi over to that side to try and cancel him out. So a player who last year was playing in League 2 (I think?) was then up against 2 experienced internationals... so think it's harsh to criticise him too much for being quiet after that.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree it's been a good start consiering the fixtures, it's just I found the second half so frustrating today, and how we started playing hoof ball and Brown and N'Guessen in particular kept giving the ball away. Everytime we went forward our attack collapsed.

Like I said, a good start, just feel frustrated from our secind half performance today.

Should have scored in the 1st half and paid the price. The most frustrating thing was that we wasted posession so often. We looked to play it without really looking at where the pass was going. Also too often Howard won the header and nobody followed up for the 2nd ball.

Dont think anyone was outstanding and we didnt deserve a point in the end.

Neilsen/Dany G were poor. Brown looks solid as a rock to me, I really rate him. Wouldnt surprise me to see Tunch leave tomorrow.

They stepped up a gear and we had no answer...i think sometimes you have to congratulate the other side in those cases.

I agree with that really... think we at least matched them first half, and second half their experience/quality/stamina shone through.

They weren't much better than us really, and if wasn't for a good goal from Guthrie then we could be here discussing a draw... and that discussion would probably be a lot more upbeat.

Let's be fair to N'Guessan... he started off pretty well, was involved a lot in all our attacks (admittedly often chose the wrong option in the end)... but they then moved Geremi over to that side to try and cancel him out. So a player who last year was playing in League 2 (I think?) was then up against 2 experienced internationals... so think it's harsh to criticise him too much for being quiet after that.

I didn't think he was quiet at all, I thought he gave the ball away time after time, there was one notable chance on the counter when he had an easy short pass on and instead tried to dribble the ball between 2 players, eventually getting himself into a mess and conceding a throw in.

He looks too greedy to me, always trying to dribble when a pass is far more appropiate.

I didn't think he was quiet at all, I thought he gave the ball away time after time, there was one notable chance on the counter when he had an easy short pass on and instead tried to dribble the ball between 2 players, eventually getting himself into a mess and conceding a throw in.

He looks too greedy to me, always trying to dribble when a pass is far more appropiate.

I dont think he's overly greedy just played against a better player today. He should of been replaced by adams earlier on as he tends to play inside a bit better and doesnt just try and bomb down the wing.

On the up side I think I've gone above you in the prediction league.

His confidence just visibly disappeared though. He was undone a few times, and that was that. If these players want to make it to the top league, they have to stand up and be counted. Fryatt is a typical example of that. If he was playing in the prem, he would be lucky to get any better chances than the one he had tonight.
Thats the difference between fizzy and prem, players are more ruthless and punish teams with the few chances available to them.

Not wishing to be harsh on them, but just accepting why we look like a team thats not quite ready to challenge for promotion.

Imo we will have a good solid season, but i doubt it will happen for us this time around.

Looking at the table on the right at the moment, then Ipswich aside I would not be too surprised if that wasn't fairly close as to what I expected this season.

On the up side I think I've gone above you in the prediction league.

:icon_redf Absolute shocker from me this week, mirroring Leicester's defeat, this may have brought my ambitions of back to back promotions back down to Earth.

Not much credit given to Newcastle's solidity. We had to work very hard for the few chances we got, they shut us off time after time. Certainly the second half was disappointing, but I doubt we'll run into too many defences of that quality.

I liked N'Guessan a lot the first 15 mins, then Enrique sussed him and that was mostly that - he should have been subbed earlier. Both our fullbacks look vulnerable to pace. I thought we really missed Tunchev's comfort in possession in central defence and it worried me that he wasn't even on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669