Match Thread Newcastle v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we start with the bench instead?

Will be interesting to see how that front three go.

I'm surprised at 8 changes. I thought he'd go for more of the first team in this one and rest more in midweek or next weekend.

Weve got 3 PL games in the next week before the conference league game. Surely we can't rest out first 11 for all 3? Maybe they'll get the midweek fixture

I'm surprised at 8 changes. I thought he'd go for more of the first team in this one and rest more in midweek or next weekend.

Weve got 3 PL games in the next week before the conference league game. Surely we can't rest out first 11 for all 3? Maybe they'll get the midweek fixture
Same, I was expecting only a few changes today, and then half a dozen changes on Wednesday, then a full strength team against Villa (there’s plenty of rest after before the Roma match, which is at home).

Will be interesting to see how he approaches these next three games.

He must really hate Everton. Keeping the first XI for them.

Lot of those players on the bench played in a draining and difficult away match on Thursday.

If I had my druthers Tielemans and KDH wouldn’t be playing either, but we are short of quality options in midfield.

We essentially have 2 lineups now.

It makes much more sense to go strong against Villa as preparation for the Roma game. I'd expect the side on Wednesday to be very close to the one today.
Did we "go strong" in the game immediately before our last European game?

BR in his pre-match interview suggested that the players rested today would be back on Wednesday.
Just been in touch with my Everton-supporting mate. He's not happy about our team news today. I've suggested that they'll probably get our second strong on 8th May but he's still gloomy.

Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570