Pre Match Newcastle v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, nobody remembers Luis Hernandez despite the fact he played for us in the Champions League of all things.
…..and that he was involved in our first ever Champions League goal.

Soumare is literally my old flat mates from University playing football.

Looks stoned out of his mind as he aimlessly ambles around the pitch doing absolutely **** all.

Sleep, Fifa, game, sleep

Head-to-head

• Newcastle are vying to complete their first Premier League double against Leicester since the 1994-95 season.
  • The Foxes have lost three of their past four top-flight games versus the Magpies, more defeats than in the previous 10 meetings (W8, L2).
  • Newcastle beat Leicester 2-0 at St James' Park on 10 January in the quarter-finals of this season's EFL Cup.

Newcastle United

• Victory would take the Magpies to 72 points, their highest Premier League total since finishing as runners-up with 78 points in 1995-96.
  • Newcastle's tally of 67 goals is their most in a top-flight campaign since netting 74 in 2001-02.
  • They have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their past nine top-flight matches and have recorded just one shutout in 16.
  • Eddie Howe is unbeaten in all six of his Premier League home matches against Leicester, winning each of the last three (W4, D2).
  • Callum Wilson has scored 11 times in 10 top-flight appearances since the start of April, averaging a goal every 50 minutes during this period.

Leicester City

• The Foxes are in danger of being relegated from the English top flight for the 12th time, which would equal the record held by Birmingham City.
  • They have lost all nine league matches this season against the teams currently in the top five of the table.
  • Leicester will become the first team to play Premier League fixtures on four consecutive Mondays. They have taken one point from the previous three, drawing with Everton before losing to Fulham and Liverpool.
  • They have gone 21 consecutive top-flight matches without a clean sheet since beating West Ham 2-0 on 12 November.
  • Leicester have conceded 41 away league goals in 2022-23, their highest total in a 38-game campaign since 1914-15.
  • The Foxes have not won their final away league fixture in any of the previous eight seasons (D3, L5), last doing so when they beat Huddersfield 2-0 during their promotion-winning campaign in the Championship in 2013-14.
  • All three of Dean Smith's Premier League away matches against Newcastle have ended 1-1, with Aston Villa in 2019-20 and 2020-21 and with Norwich last season.

3-5-2

Nacho and Vardy up front

Mendy, KDH and Maddison the midfield, with Ricardo and Thomas at wing back

Not much hope of anything coming from that, but it would just be nice to see them have a ****ing go at the ****s

Won’t happen, obviously - he’ll play 4-2-3-1 and it will be a deep block with the crazy hope to hit them on the break to a totally isolated poor bastard up front

Game is on at 4.30am over here and as per normal I shall wake at about 7.30am and ask my wife, Yes or No, did we lose?
Depending on the answer depends on whether I sprightly get up or wallow in my misery in trying to decide if I should bother getting up!

Game is on at 4.30am over here and as per normal I shall wake at about 7.30am and ask my wife, Yes or No, did we lose?
Depending on the answer depends on whether I sprightly get up or wallow in my misery in trying to decide if I should bother getting up!

Why ask? Just get the highlights on your phone when you wake up. It'll be either one of the worst three minutes of your life, or one of the best (or one the most meh in the event of a draw).

If the chuckle brothers don’t pick two up top for this then they need a cactus stuffing and gluing up their arses.

Play two up front you complete bellend!

I'd rather we went for it and go balls deep with 2 up front then give up before the game has kicked off by playing 4231

As if you all think the formation matters hugely in this.

We need to play with some application and some ****ing desire.

**** the formation.
I do. It matters because putting Vardy up top on his own is about as effective as asking Boris Johnson to tell the truth.

It would be really nice if we played the correct formation for the situation AND had some application and desire.

Is that too much to ask?

No Maddison tonight apparently. ( this has come from facebook and haven’t seen anything anywhere else so maybe bullshit).

Referee: Andre Marriner.
Assistants: Dan Cook, Scott Ledger.
Fourth official: Craig Pawson.
VAR: Darren England.
Assistant VAR: Richard West.

Maddison not playing against Newcastle. mmmmm?
Putting 2 and 2 together, for no reason, gives us 4.
Sorry folks, not 4 for us, it's going to be 4 for them. Before half time.

No Maddison tonight apparently. ( this has come from facebook and haven’t seen anything anywhere else so maybe bullshit).

Yes I read that stuff too - if true, the **** needs chasing out of the city with burning torches and pitchforks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566