Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when you think the Mercury can get no worse, what a pathetic title for the content of the story.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....City-manager/story-13697941-detail/story.html

They've changed it since it was first published. It originally said Brian Little Says Brian Little's worth a look as Leicester City manager. Presumably someone told them it was wrong so they "corrected" it.

The person responsible for the headlines on the website probably knows nothing about football or Leicester, they could be based in another part of the country.

Last edited:
Damn you Mirror, making me hope:

Foxes eye Hull boss as Sven replacement
Published 22:27 30/10/11 By Alan Nixon

Leicester are weighing up a move to bring back Nigel Pearson as their new manager.

Hull chief Pearson was a hit at the Foxes and took them to the play-offs but clashed with previous owner Milan Mandaric.

Despite modest resources, Pearson (above) has now impressed at Hull and could be tempted to return under the Thai owners.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...Goran-Eriksson-replacement-article824541.html

Would be delighted... but the Mirror are reporting a different name each day almost.

25/10 - O'Neill given 48 hour deadline

27/10 - Clark looks a shoo-in for Leicester job http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Leicester-want-Lee-Clark-of-Huddersfield-as-their-new-manager-article822115.html

8/10 - Keegan on brink of return to management with Leicester http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Leicester-Kevin-Keegan-interested-in-managers-job-report-article822896.html

0/10 - Pearson....

Nobody has a clue basically.

Last edited:
We need a manager and bloody soon, it'll do us no good to keep playing games with caretakers in charge. They really ought to have waited til this glut of games was finished in order to do any reshuffling. Three poor results on the spin and ourseason really could be over and done with, then sacking Sven will really have been pointless.

Belgium has successfully existed without a government for 500 days.

Think of the money it would save not replacing the managers as often as we do.

I think Top's new plan is his best yet.

Except that dispensing of managers as often as we do does not save money - each one of them has to be paid off and they will usually have to be paid off the whole amount remaining on their contract.

Except that dispensing of managers as often as we do does not save money - each one of them has to be paid off and they will usually have to be paid off the whole amount remaining on their contract.

I think you misread Maws, since he was saying the same thing ;) If we don't replace the manager, we won't have to keep paying them off when we ditch them

Did anyone hear Pearson's interview after the Hull match? Typically evasive, like he always was. He said that the headlines in the papers were the first thing he'd heard of it, but when their reporter asked him to reassure the fans that he wasn't going anywhere, he refused to answer and didn't rule anything out... Interesting.

Personally, I can't see him wanting to come back here, he's put together a decent side there, they're doing better than us, he's got all his favourite ex-Leicester players there now too, I think he'll be happy to stay there.

Did anyone hear Pearson's interview after the Hull match? Typically evasive, like he always was. He said that the headlines in the papers were the first thing he'd heard of it, but when their reporter asked him to reassure the fans that he wasn't going anywhere, he refused to answer and didn't rule anything out... Interesting.

Personally, I can't see him wanting to come back here, he's put together a decent side there, they're doing better than us, he's got all his favourite ex-Leicester players there now too, I think he'll be happy to stay there.

Except that ultimately money dictates. Like almost anyone else he would come back if the money and terms were that attractive. It's just a case of how much he would want and with what safeguards and how much the money we would be prepared to pay. In our case the money would probably have to be very attractive because we have owners who want promotion like yesterday and we are already well behind in the race. OK its not that many points away from the play off positions but the other half decent sides aren't necesaarily all going to drop points to let us catch up. As I stated at the start of the season there are a whole stack of clubs with an interest and a shout in getting promotion this season - and we are just one of them rather than being a stand out.

I am confused here. Quite a few people have raised the 'Never go back' flag in respect of MON, but not in respect of Pearson?

I think you misread Maws, since he was saying the same thing ;) If we don't replace the manager, we won't have to keep paying them off when we ditch them

Yes. It only keeps costing us during the period of the contract of the last one that we dismiss.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/XvxvV76U/FYUFYUFY.html?

Lee Clark's post-match interview.
Says to me he's just waiting for a phonecall.

Did anyone hear Pearson's interview after the Hull match? Typically evasive, like he always was. He said that the headlines in the papers were the first thing he'd heard of it, but when their reporter asked him to reassure the fans that he wasn't going anywhere, he refused to answer and didn't rule anything out...

So it's obviously Clark with Pearson as DoF, or Pearson with Clark as DoF!

So it's obviously Clark with Pearson as DoF, or Pearson with Clark as DoF!

It's most likely going to be Clarkson (Jeremy), he'll rip up the pitch and put in a formula 1 carting track

http://www.4shared.com/audio/XvxvV76U/FYUFYUFY.html?

Lee Clark's post-match interview.
Says to me he's just waiting for a phonecall.

Having listened to that, I'd agree with you. Sounds like he'd be very keen to talk to us, but wants to do the right thing by Huddersfield, which is fair enough.

I think it'd be a very positive appointment for us, especially if he brings Jordan Rhodes along with him...

Having listened to that, I'd agree with you. Sounds like he'd be very keen to talk to us, but wants to do the right thing by Huddersfield, which is fair enough.

I think it'd be a very positive appointment for us, especially if he brings Jordan Rhodes along with him...

Yes and we could swop him with Beckford:icon_wink

He'll score goals for them at League 1 level.

Yes and we could swop him with Beckford:icon_wink

He'll score goals for them at League 1 level.

Everyone's a winner! Apparently Man United have sent scouts to look at Rhodes though and he looks set to get a call-up to the Scotland first team, he seems to be a pretty hot prospect, we might not be able to get him anyway!

Although Tops official stance is "no rush", i would of thought if the new manager is currently out of work he would surely have been in post by now. Obtaining a currently employed manager is when these things become messy and time consuming. I would expect an official approach to Huddersfield or (Hull) shortly, my biggest concern is the "image to ASIA" that may prompt a big name rather than the right man for the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669