Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tunch would have that back to 45

Yes obvious, hence the rhetoricalness (if that's a word) of the question.

The word you were looking for is simply 'rhetoric. Although Americans, who use the word 'burglarize' when the mean 'burgle' and 'burglarization' when they mean 'burglary', would probably disagree.

We were a more direct team under NP though, that much I think we can agree on.

No problem with being direct. One of West Ham's goals was Goalie > Flick on > Volley, in much the same way as we used to have Walker > Deane > Dickov > Goal.

And Schmeichel has an enormous kick to provide the service - Schmeichel > Howard > Nugent > Goal.

We were far from just a hoofing side under Pearson, the concept is ridiculous, we just didn't play the ball out from defence.

Davies, Spearing & Cleverly all played key roles in an attacking midfield. King's marauding goals didn't come about from picking up long balls.

We were far from just a hoofing side under Pearson, the concept is ridiculous, we just didn't play the ball out from defence.

Davies, Spearing & Cleverly all played key roles in an attacking midfield. King's marauding goals didn't come about from picking up long balls.

I completely agree, plus this idea that we played some hoof ball to Howard in the Championship is silly. Howard was on the bench more often than not in that season and only really played a big part towards the end of that season.

For the majority of that season we played 4-3-3 with Fryatt up front and Waghorn and Gallagher on the wings. (Then Waghorn up front with Dyer and Gallagher on the wings when Fryatt got injured).

Last edited:
I'd say we played far more hoofball under Kelly, always pumping it to Hume for the flick on.

The word you were looking for is simply 'rhetoric. Although Americans, who use the word 'burglarize' when the mean 'burgle' and 'burglarization' when they mean 'burglary', would probably disagree.

Is 'buggerize' one of theirs too?

Is 'buggerize' one of theirs too?

I believe they do use the word, in the sense of causing something to foul up or stop working as it should.

'Winningest' is my favourite American word

Just read Foxtalk ( sorry), a Huddersfield fan has just posted. he reckons that Clark is on the way here. Apparently said goodbye to the fans on Saturday. Today had a meeting with the players he apparently wouldn't divulge the nature of his discussion to anyone. Could be something could be shite. I guess we will find out in due course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669