Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds don't really mean anything though, do they? people just lay money on the names they see in the paper and when that picks up pace they get named favourites for the job. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone completely out of the blue turn up.

I hope they're very much in blue, being that is our colour and all that ....

Has the Press Conference started?

I've given up saying who will or won't be good. The ones I have high hopes for tend to be shit, the ones I worry about end up being the best thing in years.

I've given up saying who will or won't be good. The ones I have high hopes for tend to be shit, the ones I worry about end up being the best thing in years.

The interesting thing is that you are not alone in that state. As well as myself, 99.9% of TBers seem to be in that category along with the City boards, passed - and quite possibly present.

The interesting thing is that you are not alone in that state. As well as myself, 99.9% of TBers seem to be in that category along with the City boards, passed - and quite possibly present.
Perhaps that's why they are after Keane... pick someone shit and they can only beat your expectations. :icon_bigg

I've managed my expectations during the process quite well I think - and maybe MON / Ancelotti were never realistic, but to go from hoping for one of those to then still fairly recently looking at proven, battle-hardened managers (with some flaws) like Hughes, Davies, Curbishley then there were rumours of an up-and-coming boss like Freedman, Clark etc - both of which I'm sure will go on to have good managerial careers but all the while the names in the background like Keane, Strachan, Shearer (shudder) just refused to go away. MON's failure to explicitly put us out of our misery and rule himself out has threatened to give me hope - but there has constantly been an undercurrent of shortening odds on rubbish names who crop up in connection with every job, keeping my feet on the ground. My expectations have lowered though. When SGE went I think we all jumped to a conclusion (quite logically) that the owners probably had a good idea of who they wanted and whether or not they wanted the job. Only at Leicester could a boss like SGE leave the club at 2 points off the playoffs and a week later we appear to be making a choice between Keane and Clark.

I hope its MON, Hughes or someone who has not been mentioned yet.

I saw Dan Petrescu inexplicably on the list not long ago - lets give him a shot.

Brilliant, the mercury headline says it's a two-horse race but their article says it's a three-horse race!

Brilliant, the mercury headline says it's a two-horse race but their article says it's a three-horse race!

They are starting to seriously annoy now, they cannot write an article without ****ing something up.

On Keane, my view is the same as they are for Clark, Freedman etc. what evidence do we have that they will be any kind of step up from SGE and what on earth were the owners thinking they would get when they sacked him.

But if it is Keane or anyone else, we have just got to get behind them.

Not Keane, anyone but Keane.

Clark or Hughes I'd be fine with, but not Roy ****ing Keane.

I'm getting to the point where I no longer give a **** who the next manager is/might/will be. I just want it all over and done with so that we can get back to calling BG a **** and making hilarious homosexual references by editing previous posts.

I agree with what you're saying, but the thing I do give a **** about is that it's not Roy Keane, I don't care who it is as long as it's not Roy ****ing Keane.

With the upcoming international break and the fact that we have played 2 games without a manager why rush now, as long as we have someone in around 10th -12th November we'll be OK. I don't see that getting someone in before Leeds is a major factor since the new guy would probably not take charge for the match and a good proportion of the squad will head off for internationals straight after the Leeds match. The new manager is unlikely to have a full squad to work with until 16th November anyway. I'd rather they take the time to get the right manager than rush into something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669