Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cate's rules on short posts are being trashed at the moment.

The number of posts I can't be bothered to read is increasing exponentially. I'm happy to be going off to Florida tomorrow on holiday so that I'll have no time to browse the forum.

Again it's not really something anyone can comment on unless they have inside knowledge of our financial situation. I'm assuming that's what you think is happening. Personally I'd assume they own the club and any losses incured by us are incured by them - likewise any profits, so yes I'd be inclined to think it is coming out of their own back pocket. Having said that, without insider knowledge, both mine and your own opinions on the matter are complete guess work.

They are still forced to publish annual financial statements - which anyone interested can read. Sadly, most prefer not to in favour of blindly optimistic assumptions. But, as the prof says, Mandaric introduced a scheme of insane borrowing - the Thais have just increased it even further.

It's this sort of baseless personal attack that a) makes people ignore you, and b) should really have seen you banned by now. Quite why you're still able to log in is beyond me.

Great point BM.

And she in turn is more intelligent than the dribbling cretin who posts on Talking Balls under the name syd.

Oh ****, BM scores an own goal :icon_wink

Football is very much like the financial sector prior to the collapse of 2007/8. The approach signifies the entrenched attitude that the bubble is never going to burst and all financial logic went out of the window years ago. As with a lot of other clubs, but with more to lose than most, we're gambling and keeping our fingers crossed.

It could be argued that the whole of top level football is gambling and keeping its fingers crossed. What would happen if Sky pulled the plug tomorrow and nobody else stepped in?

Sadly this may have been what Pearson is after by staying aloof:

Nigel Pearson offered a bumper new deal by Hull
Nov 6 2011 by Alan Nixon, The People

NIGEL PEARSON is being offered a bumper new deal by Hull in a desperate late bid to keep him away from ambitious former club Leicester.

Pearson, 48, has emerged as the strong favourite to take over from sacked chief Sven Goran Eriksson but the Tigers are fighting to keep their manager.

Hull have Pearson under contract but the pressure is on as Leicester have now made an informal approach.

Pearson may be tempted by a return to the Foxes, the club he took to the Championship play-offs before quitting because of behind-the-scenes turmoil.

Former Cardiff chief Dave Jones is still a big contender and could get the nod if there are problems recruiting Pearson.

There is still a slim hope of persuading Leicester hero Martin O’Neill to come out of semi-retirement but Huddersfield’s Lee Clark has dropped out of the running.

Neil Lennon, Roy Keane, Billy Davies and Mark Hughes are also being touted.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...ed-a-bumper-new-deal-by-hull-102039-23540455/

Or that's Hull's PR department.

Last edited:
If the Leicester Board did not feel that they were in with a real chance of snaring one of the 'big names', surely, they would have had the sense to name Billy Davies or Dave Jones (or any other reasonable, and unemployed manager) within a day or two of Sven's departure. I still suspect that we may not end up with the best manager, but with a name.

Unbelievable! What the hell is Pearson going to bring?

Better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order, Oh and peace, yes.

I've moved the new Pearson stuff to a new thread as it seems like a particular item of speculation. I'm sure a lot of people will be looking for 'new' news rather than dive into this thread to see what names are being linked in what papers.

Other mods may disagree.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673