Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clark strikes me as more of a long term appointment than someone like Hughes would be which pleases me, despite his lack of any real experience of real achievement (the same could be said about Pearson when we hired him).

Hughes has done a good job really wherever he has been. My only worry about him is when given money at Man City he didn't half pay over the odds for some crap. Don't think he would want to come anyway.

This Lee Clark storming the lower leagues business is all very well, but apart from MON, is there anybody else in the last 15 years that has come from League 1 or 2 and taken a team into the Premiership and kept them there?

This Lee Clark storming the lower leagues business is all very well, but apart from MON, is there anybody else in the last 15 years that has come from League 1 or 2 and taken a team into the Premiership and kept them there?

Well no, but that's quite a specific question. Lots of lower league managers have succeded in the Prem over the years, there's not been that many recently - although Paul Lambert is making a decent fist of it so far this season - but that doesn't mean that lower league managers can't succeed.

I'm sure there's plenty. Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce were the first who sprang to mind.

Last edited:
Kevin Keagan, the only manager to win it, twice, with two different clubs. He then almost went on to win the Prem - I'd luv it if we did that, luv it!

Last edited:
Harry Redknapp is another obvious one.

Kevin Keagan, the only manager to win it, twice, with two different clubs. He then almost went on to win the Prem - I'd luv it if we did that!

Keegan didn't start out in Leagues One or Two though, he managed there after he'd already been at Newcastle.

Wonder what Big Ron is doing these days

He's probably slumming it with Joe Royal, Glenn Hoddle, Terry Venables, Howard Wilkinson, Trevor Francis, George Graham, David Pleat, Graham Taylor, David O'Leary and all the other big name managers in the 90s who seem to have disappeared off the face of the managerial earth.

Last edited:
didn't someone say there would be a new manager in place by the weekend?

didn't someone say there would be a new manager in place by the weekend?

Someone may have said it, but no one at the club did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670