Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Last edited:

indierich06

Taylor, Sousa, Holloway, Allen, Levein, Kelly...

Although Kelly did the job here, I don't think he could really be classed as an up and coming manager - he was just a caretaker who got the job because we couldn't afford anyone else. I don't think he managed in a permanent capacity before us or since he left.

Profondo Rosso

Although Kelly did the job here, I don't think he could really be classed as an up and coming manager - he was just a caretaker who got the job because we couldn't afford anyone else. I don't think he managed in a permanent capacity before us or since he left.

Fair point. Was just pointing out this myth people seem to have that all up and coming managers do well here, they have just as often, if not more often, been disastrous. Not saying that Clark will be and I obviously hope he isn't, of course.

Fox Fan

Disagree. He was a good manager for us imo.

He had a good season in the Championship with what was essentially a premiership side. Premiership - we made a decent fist of it, but he was scarred by La Managa and he cocked up our promotion challenge after we came back down.

Ultimately if he was a good manager, he would have either been poached from us, be managing a bigger/reasonable sized club or still be here. Non of these are true.

Profondo Rosso

He had a good season in the Championship with what was essentially a premiership side. Premiership - we made a decent fist of it, but he was scarred by La Managa and he cocked up our promotion challenge after we came back down.

Ultimately if he was a good manager, he would have either been poached from us, be managing a bigger/reasonable sized club or still be here. Non of these are true.

I disagree. We made more than "a good fist of it" in the PL considering how bankrupt we were at the time and we did an excellent job going up considering the circumstances too.

That last bit is utter bullshit, what does any of that have to do with the job he did here? He did a good job because he did a good job, simple as that. Nothing to do with whether he was poached or not or where he is managing 7 years on.

Last edited:

Nottingham Fox

Didn't hear it myself, but allegedly it's just been on BBC Radio Leeds that Lee Clark will be confirmed as Leicester manager later today.

Last edited:

ndchester

Come on, own up, who has updated Wikipedia. It must be true

"Lee Robert Clark (born 26 October 1972) is an English former footballer, who is now manager of Leicester City. He had previously been the assistant manager at Norwich City."

Fox Fan

I disagree. We made more than "a good fist of it" in the PL considering how bankrupt we were at the time and we did an excellent job going up considering the circumstances too.

That last bit is utter bullshit, what does any of that have to do with the job he did here? He did a good job because he did a good job, simple as that. Nothing to do with whether he was poached or not or where he is managing 7 years on.

Alright, calm down. Of course it has something to do with it, because it's a comment on how other clubs viewed his time here.

Nottingham Fox

Couple of BBC journo's report that Huddersfield players told at training Clark is off to Leicester.

James Nursey (Mirror journo) has said the same.

This Sean Jarvis is adamant we've not approached them or Lee Clark.

Nottingham Fox

Talksport saying Lee Clark has ruled himself out ....

Fox Fan

Meanwhile Stringer hasn't said a word - he may know something / still be in bed.

Doggie_muz

Of course the really big question is what word we will put in front of "Lee Clarke's" to make it scan with "Blue and White Army". Or will we just stretch Lee out to fill two syllables' spaces?

Young Lee Clarke's
BlueWhite Army...

Needs work...

Nottingham Fox

Stan James and ##### re-opened. Lee Clark still odds on fav with both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spanky Fox

This is getting even more confusing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675