Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
"According to a press release we've had, Leicester currently in discussions with their 'new manager' hence canceling appointment at LOROS today. No idea who though"

From a friend who works in the press.

So the same as Fox Fan posted a few posts above yours :icon_lol:

Lee Clark may have used the LCFC job opening as bate to get a new contract?

Of course he has and fair play to him...it's the oldest trick in the book...try to get a job offer with no intention of leaving so you can juice the salary at your current port.

Glad it's not him anyway, don't think he is the right fit.

Glad it's not him anyway, don't think he is the right fit.

Again, wish people would hold their horses on this, there's still the very distinct possibility it could be Roy Keane, in which case I'm not glad he hasn't got the job. :(

Or he has ruled himself out because he wasn't offered the job after meeting with the club. Could still be Pearson then...

Again, wish people would hold their horses on this, there's still the very distinct possibility it could be Roy Keane, in which case I'm not glad he hasn't got the job. :(

Absolutely

Someone get hold of Paul Ince before it's too late

Huddersfield have been saying all morning there hasn't even been any contact... so not sure how he can even turn it down if that's the case!!

They're saying that there has been no approach to the club. That's not to say there hadn't been an approach to the manager.

Or he has ruled himself out because he wasn't offered the job after meeting with the club. Could still be Pearson then...

Good call. His odds shortening as we speak according to the bookies.

It's going to be Keane. I can just feel it. :(

I really don't see why Keane is even being considered, at the very least Billy Davies and Dave Jones are out of work and have 100% applied for the job. Regardless of what you think of either as managers or people, there's no way that they shouldn't be miles ahead of Keane in preference for this job.

Last edited:
The club are trying to get Martin O’Neill or Ole Gunnar Solksjaer to manage city.

MON is the favourite, and MON has agreed to come back, but as he wants to be available for other opportunities ( I guess England & Man U) so he will only agree if he has a option to leave at any time. The club are concerned about this and would like a contract that quantifies the reasons that may cause MON to leave. MON is not willing to specify the details. So, they are at a dead lock but still negotiating.
Option 2) The club are therefore trying to get OGS to join, but he is happy where he is and he is not convinced that city will be promoted this season he does not want to leave a club where he is successful to one that may lead to a sacking.
The club can not guarantee this will not happen so they are also at dead lock.

The club are putting together a very good offer and working on the contracts with agents to try and get around the issues and tempt one of the two to join city.

The club is also talking to other potential managers but as all discussions are confidential no statments will be made untill contracts have been finalised and then the club will make an announcement. prefably this will be at the Leeds match, untill then ignore all rumours.

Last edited:
I hope that it is true that Lee Clark is not going to be our new manager. I cannot see such an appointment being in the interests of either side.

The new man at City MUST get promotion this term, otherwise he will almost certainly feel the big 'E'. Clark has done a good job of building a squad, over time, at Huddersfield. I see no indication that he would instantly succeed at Leicester and a failure would not look good on his CV.

He read it on Leicester Mockery website DD ;)

Serious question, Step. Your credentials for giving us this 'inside' information are ... ?

Statement from Huddersfield:

http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~2504481,00.html

Lee Clark has today moved to quash claims in the press that he is on the verge of becoming the next Leicester City manager.

Press reports has today claimed that the Town boss was close to joining the Foxes, but Clark refutes that and told htafc.com:

"We have woken up to another round of media speculation this morning regarding me and it is now escalating on a daily basis.

"I have tried not to comment on it up until this point as that is all it has been - speculation; I didn't want to give any substance to it. For me, it has been a case of 'business as usual' this week.

"However, the speculation hasn't gone away and I apologise to anyone if not commenting on this earlier has caused any issues for the supporters. Regardless, now is the time that I want to put these rumours to an end.

"Obviously on a personal level it is satisfying to be linked to jobs at clubs in a higher division, but that is all I take from these links. Players get linked to other clubs when they are doing well and you have to take it as a compliment in that sense.

"As I have also said, I believe these rumours are a compliment to Huddersfield Town too and we should take it as a positive that our success is catching the attention of people in the game outside of our area.

"However, I want to reiterate that I am 100% committed to the Owner, the fans and the players at Huddersfield Town and I am totally focussed on continuing this magnificent start to the season and getting this Club promoted.

"I want to put an end to this speculation - I am not interested in the Leicester vacancy. All I am interested in is moving forward with the job at hand at Huddersfield Town.

"My staff and I, and most importantly my family, are very happy here; we get looked after unbelievably well by the Club and we really appreciate it.

"My sole focus is on taking Huddersfield Town forward and achieving the goals that we are all so desperate to."

So Clark has been told he's not got the job, presuming we've reached an agreement with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669