Speculation Next Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedfoxxx

Howe and Warburton would both tell us to bollocks probably.

We'll end up with Steve Clarke I reckon.

SJN-Fox

I think I read something saying he was still connected to the club...? Cant be 100% though that its correct.

I believe he was acting in some sort of unofficial advisory capacity to the owners.

Nottingham Fox

Do the club get an old head in and hope they can keep us up then rebuild in the summer, or do they accept the fact we're more than likely going to be relegated and appoint someone with next season at the forefront of their mind?

Profondo Rosso

Would rather have a good lower league manager.

Most of the names in the odds lists make me want to weep.

tedfoxxx

Same Steve Clarke who has just joined Reading?

That's how little I've been paying attention.

That Steve McClaren looks decent, doing a great job at 'Boro.

Profondo Rosso

feck me we are bugged now.. Martin O'Neill the only one I'd want out of the realistic possibilities.

Realistic? You're deluded if you think he would he make the step down from the Irish national job to join a likely-soon-to-be championship side.

We may as well as Roy Hodgson while we're at it.

Last edited:

PFKAKTF FOX

What's Dave "Harry" Bassett up to, he knows his way round a relegation battle......Peter Taylor is available too í*½í¸‚

TornadoShaunUK

Realistic? You're deluded if you think he would he make the step down from the Irish national job to join a likely-soon-to-be championship side.

Call me deluded then, I don't think that'd be a factor if we made a good offer. However there is that thing where I believe he once said 'never go back'...

jb5000

Of those managers in England who are likely to be interested, I'd say the best is probably Nigel Adkins. So I hope we're about to hire some spanish tactical whizz that nobody here's heard of before.

TornadoShaunUK

Call me deluded then, I don't think that'd be a factor if we made a good offer. However there is that thing where I believe he once said 'never go back'...

LeeCovFox

No Premier League club is a step down from any but the biggest international jobs these days. It's not the way it should be in my head either (international management seems like it should be the pinnacle) but that's the modern game. Remember, both Walter Smith and Alex McLeish walked out on Scotland (a more prestigious job than Ireland) and they were actually Scotsmen. The latter left for Brum, for crying out loud.

Robin127

Assuming the sacking is true I would say no to Laudrup. Read an article just before he was sacked by Swansea last year and it reported that all his managerial appointments have followed the same pattern, starts off really well, has some success and then can't keep it going with a hint of always looking for a job with a bigger club.

LeeCovFox

As much as I love O'Neill (although no doubt there's some truth to him behaving like a prick and some of his actions contributing to out fall into administration during his time here) there's definitely an 'I'm alright, Jack' streak there. If we doubled his money he'd be here in a shot. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him take a contract to the end of the season here. Nobody looks obvious to me of the mentioned options, perhaps other than Lennon for the same reasons as O'Neill.

I'm for O'Neill coming in for a few months. It would get the fans on their feet in the ground, he at least has what it takes to get the players having a go, and even if we still went down it would probably be fun. That has been lacking for most of this season.

LeeCovFox

Assuming the sacking is true I would say no to Laudrup. Read an article just before he was sacked by Swansea last year and it reported that all his managerial appointments have followed the same pattern, starts off really well, has some success and then can't keep it going with a hint of always looking for a job with a bigger club.

I'd take him coming in and starting of really well; that would be enough to keep us up. His sides play good football and he won a trophy with a club smaller than our own and who probably have less money. Ticks a few boxes.

SJN-Fox

It's a win-win situation whoever takes the job. Keep us up, they're a hero. Take us down and they inherited a hopeless situation. No damage to their CV.

Maybe they'll keep the current back room staff on until the end of the season and appoint a new manager ready for building next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669