Next Manager

I'm not sure if Potter would save us if he comes in now.

Too much of a nice guy like BR was whereas we just need a **** who will put some fight and win at all costs mentality in to the team.

Plus his teams play great football but don't score goals - I'm sure he's gone 10 games without a win when he was at Brighton.

Just get a bastard that could save us and then go from there.

Coming from my left man-boob but I'm gonna double down on the idea of Vincent Kompany. Talk about intimidating, experienced as a player and close enough to the players to understand them and be their captain-like manager.

I wouldn’t be disappointed with Kompany, or even Postecoglu.

Can’t see any of them leaving right now though.

Our squad have been coached to death by Rodgers. The last thing that they need is another man to walk in immediately with another fecking 'philosophy'.

We need to do what always works in this situation. Back to basics, up and at 'em football. Get aggressive on and off the pitch. **** the football. It's results that matter.

If we don't win on Tuesday, I'd have Allardyce in for Saturday. If we do win on Tuesday, I'd roll them on for another game.
Totally agree. We need to go back to the very basics.

I wouldn’t be disappointed with Kompany, or even Postecoglu.

Can’t see any of them leaving right now though.
Postecoglu would be great, even if it was just to **** Celtic again!

You're right though in that no one decent like that will risk their good current position for a potential shit show here.

Which is why we just need to get a bastard to save us and then reassess in the summer.

If we can somehow survive, I'm sure both of these 2 would love a chance here with a fresh start in the summer.

Saw Marcin Wasilewski is in the country doing pundit work for polish media.... Would scare a few players into performing.

Saw Marcin Wasilewski is in the country doing pundit work for polish media.... Would scare a few players into performing.

So would Suella Braverman but, as with Marcin, I doubt she could manage a football team

I was a bit surprised that the club didn't get Huth to front the caretaker group.

He's doing his badges at the club, managing the loan players and has been around the dressing room for a few months now.

He'd be a bit more inspiring than Sadler and Stowell.

What makes Kompany a good manager? Is it because he was a good player?
Lampard great player, crap manager
Bruce, same as above
..... and many more

Bruce, same as above
..... and many more

Kompany has Burnley 11 points clear at the top of the Championship in his first full season as their manager, so he's doing a pretty good job so far.

But agree, not sure I'd take the risk on him yet. I also don't think he'd give up near nailed-on promotion to the PL for a relegation scrap at the end of the season either.

Kompany not a realistic target.
Nor Poch.
Neither is Franks.
Potter feels unlikely.
Pearson feels like a bit of a punt.

Ralph wouldn’t be terrible, but people don’t want to hear that.

Bruce, same as above
..... and many more

Kompany has Burnley 11 points clear at the top of the Championship in his first full season as their manager, so he's doing a pretty good job so far.

But agree, not sure I'd take the risk on him yet. I also don't think he'd give up near nailed-on promotion to the PL for a relegation scrap at the end of the season either.
Ah - but the question was not 'is he' but What makes Kompany a good manager?

Kompany not a realistic target.
Nor Poch.
Neither is Franks.
Potter feels unlikely.
Pearson feels like a bit of a punt.

Ralph wouldn’t be terrible, but people don’t want to hear that.
Problem is we need two different types of manager.

One to get us out of the shit for the next 10 games and then one to effectively rebuild the club to challenging the top six.

We have a huge close season coming up with so many players leaving - which is why leaving this change until now is such madness. Had it been earlier in the season, or even before the international break just gone, it could have been quite different.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563