Burnley
Bristol City
colchester united
-----------------------------
Queens Park Rangers
hull city
Barnsley

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously don't think we'll be challenging for promotion for another 2 or 3 years, hope I'm wrong though.

I think we'll finish around 10th next season.

Last edited:
Charlton Athletic
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
Southampton
Leicester City
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Preston North End
Crystal Palace
Norwich City
Cardiff City
Plymouth Argyle
Ipswich Town
Colchester United
Blackpool
Stoke City
S****horpe United
Burnley
Bristol City
Coventry City
Queens Park Rangers
Hull City
Barnsley

I don't get how people can already say we'll be finishing in the top 6 when we have so far signed no one...

I'm waiting to see who we get before I make predictions like that, because we're some way off being a playoff challenging side.

Current odds place us 7th by the way ;) 12/1 from Coral

Charlton 13/2
West Brom 7/1
Sheff Utd 8/1
Wolves 8/1
Southampton 9/1
Watford 10/1
Leicester 12/1
Stoke 16/1
Crystal Palace 20/1
Preston 20/1
Sheffield Wed 20/1
Cardiff 25/1
Coventry 25/1
Norwich 25/1
Ipswich 33/1
Blackpool 40/1
Bristol City 40/1
Burnley 50/1
Hull 50/1
Plymouth 50/1
Colchester 66/1
QPR 66/1
Barnsley 100/1
S****horpe 100/1

SkyBet also rank us 7th, 14/1 there though. No odds from William Hill yet.

Last edited:
I think next season could be the trickiest yet, where does everyone see us finishing out of this lot?

Charlton Athletic
Sheffield United
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Southampton
Preston North End
Stoke City
Sheffield Wednesday
Colchester United
Plymouth Argyle
Crystal Palace
Cardiff City
Ipswich Town
Burnley
Norwich City
Coventry City
Queens Park Rangers
Leicester City
Barnsley
Hull City
S****horpe United
Bristol City
Blackpool

that league table doesnt too far off to me.;)

Current odds place us 7th by the way ;) 12/1 from Coral

SkyBet also rank us 7th, 14/1 there though. No odds from William Hill yet.

Bat365 also has us as 7th favourites at 14/1, behind Charlton, West Brom, Southampton, Sheff Utd, Wolves and Watford. I fancy that might be a bit optimistic.

plus the fact that anyone who spends stupid money in this division is a stupid moron. you dont need to spen silly amounts of money.

Ignoring the rest of the silliness in your post, it seems a number of investors have seen the potential money in the Prem (and the results of investment in the teams that have gone up this year) and have reckoned that a bet of a few million in the Championship is worth it.

Obviously they're not all going to be winners but the stakes have been raised from a few years ago. Big money is going to be more and more important in the Championship.

Ignoring the rest of the silliness in your post, it seems a number of investors have seen the potential money in the Prem (and the results of investment in the teams that have gone up this year) and have reckoned that a bet of a few million in the Championship is worth it.

Obviously they're not all going to be winners but the stakes have been raised from a few years ago. Big money is going to be more and more important in the Championship.

a few million is not the kind of figure i was talking about.

Play offs???
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'll have a pint of what you lot are on please....

Play offs???
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'll have a pint of what you lot are on please....

its really funny to see how many slate the new man in charge, alot of people are not too happy with the appointment of Martin Allen and now i am reading many of us except to finish in the Play-Offs, how does that work? some of you don't even like the type of football MA wants his team to play but yet you still believe we will finish in the top 6

i personally think between 6-10 position championship league

We knew last season that only a couple of teams visited us looking a much better team. It was often stated 'every team can beat every other team'. If people then see a manager come in with a good record of moving a team up the league and good motivational qualities, they are bound to believe we are going to go storming up the league! Couple that with some modest investment in better players and the expectation is not unreasonable that we should be aiming for the play-offs!

For me, it's all about whether or not 'Mad Dog's' style and tactics work in this division. If they do, then we'll be right up there IMO. That's the risk in his appointment for me....

We knew last season that only a couple of teams visited us looking a much better team. It was often stated 'every team can beat every other team'. If people then see a manager come in with a good record of moving a team up the league and good motivational qualities, they are bound to believe we are going to go storming up the league! Couple that with some modest investment in better players and the expectation is not unreasonable that we should be aiming for the play-offs!

What about the expectations that many people had last season and the season before last and the season before that? Was that unreasonable?

With hindsight, we can say 'yes' - but it's not what was thought at the time. Expectation is but hope with another name, is it not?

as long as we hang about in the top half of the league we could push for a play off place...

What about the expectations that many people had last season and the season before last and the season before that? Was that unreasonable?

With hindsight, we can say 'yes' - but it's not what was thought at the time. Expectation is but hope with another name, is it not?

Absolutely not!

I have a very high hope of scooping the Lottery jackpot but my expectation of the event happening is quite low, which is why I haven't pre-ordered the Ferrari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00