Next Season....

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Who do you think is the manager to take us forward??

2) Where do we need to strengthen??

3) Who is at fault for this seasons load of shite??

4) Do we need to start to blood the kids comming through??

1) For me we need to get rid of Holloway. A guy who is easy to like but does not have the ability to take us forward IMO. Paul Ince would gain instant respect for what he has acheived in the game and more importantly for me would not accept anything less than 110% no matter what the score.

2) we need a forward who can put the ball in the back of the net and a left winger.

3) For me MM , MA, GM & IH are all collectively responsible for the joke of a season we have had, proving once again that money can't bring you success.

4) If we go down then any of the current lazy feckers who want to go should be allowed to go. We need to blood the kids and let them gain the experience. If we stay up then IMO we still need to have a clear out to get rid of the negitivity that is constantly holding us back.

That's the thing - I don't think the squad we have is anywhere near as bad as it is playing. Our defence could be the best in the league and probably was when we had Fulop. A midfield including Oakley, Hendrie, Clemence and Bell should be easily good enough to boss the championship. The only thing that needs improving is our strikeforce. We need more prolific goal scorers.

Sadly I think we may need to change manager yet again to find someone who can get the most out of our squad.

1) Ian Holloway

2) Goalkeeper (Fulop), Left Wing (Hendrie), Centre Midfield, Left Back, Striker, Right Wing (Bell), Possibly another Centre Half

3) Milan Mandaric for bringing in an inexperienced manager - at this level - in the Summer and sanctioning the ridiculous number of signings that we made. The players who should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of professional pride they have shown all season.

4) Yes but only if they are good enough. Let's be honest, for every Joe Mattock and Emile Heskey we have unearthed in recent memory, there has been many a Tommy Wright, Matt Heath, Sam McMahon etc.

1) Paul Ince or Billy Davies - We need professionalism running through this club, not fecking jokers like Allen and Holloway who use comedy as a way of masking their ineptitude.

2) Mandaric as he made the managerial appointments and according to rumours quite a few of the signings. Plus his constant clamour for the limelight and interference has turned us into a fecking laughing stock and IMO has caused more than a little disinterest from the squad.

3) Goalkeeper (Fulop or Carlo Nash), Left Back (Ian Harte), Left Mid (Kris Commons), Centre Mid (Lee Hendrie), Right Mid (David Bell), Striker (Nugent or Chopra).

4) Yes I would like to see the likes of Ashley Chambers, Andy King, Max Gradel etc given an opportunity at the expense of some of the "crap" squad players we have, the likes of Kish, Fryatt, Hammond etc. I would rather see the excuberence of youth given an opportunity than see places given to players who have continually demonstrated they lack the drive and desire to play for the club.

I would rather see the excuberence of youth given an opportunity than see places given to players who have continually demonstrated they lack the drive and desire to play for the club.

That will be an enforced decision if we drop down a division. Should we stay up, I would certainly hope that more of the young prospects are given a chance.

Ian Holloway. Once this nightmare season comes to an end.

Wingers.

A few people, but the main finger has to point at MM who appointed them all.

If they are good enough then they will play, this is always the way I think. At present we are fire-fighting and I would imagine the management team feel that to bring the kids in to the nightmare the club's in at the moment, would be an unfair prressure on them.

1) I would still like to see Kevin Blackwell in charge. If we get relegated then Jon Rudkin (with a Director of football).

2) Midfield again and up front.

3) Holloway, this is now his team, pre November was a comedy of errors, but since then Holloway has has the chance to bring in players and to mold the team how he wants it. He has failed miserably.

4) Yes, but that wont happen with Holloway in charge.

1) I would still like to see Kevin Blackwell in charge. If we get relegated then Jon Rudkin (with a Director of football).

I've not even bothered to read the rest.

Shows your ignorance of good managers.

Shows your ignorance.

Please enlighten me by telling me what Jon Rudkin and Kevin Blackwell have achieved in their managerial careers. Your obsession with KB is really quite worrying, are you sure you're not his lovechild?

Didn't a Kevin Blackwell team stuff us on Saturday?

Rudkin knows the younger players inside out, it's time to bring them through. Who better to coach them ? It would give the stability that many seem to want.
Blackwell was building a team at Luton until the players were sold out from under him by the administrator, since he has been at Wednesday ....

Blackwell's current record as Blades manager is 4 draws, 2 losses and 5 wins (including 4 on the bounce). United were doomed for relegation with ex England captain Bryan Robson in charge but Blackwell has stepped in and turned Sheffield United's fortunes around.

If only Holloway could have done the same for us !! We can't even manage back to back wins.

Didn't a Kevin Blackwell team stuff us on Saturday?

Didn't we stuff an Aidy Boothroyd team earlier on this season? And a Tony Mowbray team a few weeks ago? Shows feck all.....

Rudkin knows the younger players inside out, it's time to bring them through.

Kids alone won't get us out of this division. I very much doubt that good players will join this club with such an inexperienced and youth-focussed man in charge.

Blackwell was building a team at Luton until the players were sold out from under him by the administrator

He was hardly working wonders was he?

Blackwell's current record as Blades manager is 4 draws, 2 losses and 5 wins (including 4 on the bounce). United were doomed for relegation with ex England captain Bryan Robson in charge but Blackwell has stepped in and turned Sheffield United's fortunes around.

So you're judging him on 11 games. Before this little run, Sheff Utd had 4 points from 5 games under Blackwell. Being better than Bryan Robson hardly makes him a good manager now does it?

Who would your choice be ? Holloway is a waste of space imo, I happen to think Blackwell would do better.
If you re-read my post, I said Rudkin if we get relegated.

Ollie with time

Keeper for sure

A few reasons - too many to mention

They have been given chances this season and hardly pulled up trees. More loan deals like Gradel's are in requirement.

Last edited:
Who would your choice be ? Holloway is a waste of space imo, I happen to think Blackwell would do better.
If you re-read my post, I said Rudkin if we get relegated.

I think we should stick with Holloway until at least 10-12 games into next season, regardless of whether we go down or not. If we aren't midtable of the Championship or in the top 6 of League One, then get rid. I personally think Billy Davies would be the man to go for if we got rid of Holloway. I would prefer Holloway to Blackwell every day of the week.

Blackwell good manager, but he just does not tell enough funny stories for me:icon_wink

Ian Holloway.

Havent seen leicester for a few months, but we need better supply i think.

I think we've had too many managers this season to have any stability, i would have said its MMs fault for appointing too many managers, but then megson chose to leave.

Not now in our current situation, try to loan out some to struggling championship clubs next season and see how they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669