Nfl

Status
Not open for further replies.

pork pie fox

Ravens won by 10 this weekend. 3 in a row. Believe Ravens! You are Hull of the NFL.

They are looking better this year aren't they, Flacco seems to be improving week by week too so could be a good sign for the future

enderby fox

Did anyone watch the Cowboys and Giants on Sunday night?

Cowboys desperatly need Romo back. Johnson and Bollenger looked awful. If it weren't for manning gifting them an interception then it would of been a rout. Seemed to me like the giants took their foot off the gas. I believe they could of turned the gas on at any time as the cowboys defence looked woeful.

My patriots looked a bit ordinary too but colts didnt look much better. I think they'll get to play offs and then who knows what could happen there but i'm liking the look of the giants i must admit!

Wasn't overly impressed with the titans either but they did what they had to do and ground out a result.

pork pie fox

I agree with pretty much all of that

Colts haven't looked good all season with Manning and Harrison struggling early on to get over injuries and it's pretty obvious both the Patriots and Cowboys are missing their QB's (along with a few other absentees but Romo and Brady are the biggest miss)

I did say earlier in the thread I wasn't sure about the Titans yet and they struggled past a decentish but poor away team in the Packers

Giants look good but do have a tough few games left in the regular season, will be interesting to see if those games take anything out of them before the play-offs, the Patriots certainly looked a bit jaded in the play-offs last year after all the effort they put in to remain unbeaten

enderby fox

I see the Giants kicked some bottom.........

At the minute if i had to pick a team to win the superbowl i'd pick the giants but as Pork Pie said, they have a few tough games which might break them.

It is really wide open this year and i can really see anyone of the play off teams winning.

Is brady out til next season or is there any chance he could be back for play off's. I cant see the cowboys making the play offs even with Romo back. They have some hard games coming up and their division is the dreaded one as eagles and skins are going nicely too!

pork pie fox

At the minute if i had to pick a team to win the superbowl i'd pick the giants but as Pork Pie said, they have a few tough games which might break them.

It is really wide open this year and i can really see anyone of the play off teams winning.

Is brady out til next season or is there any chance he could be back for play off's. I cant see the cowboys making the play offs even with Romo back. They have some hard games coming up and their division is the dreaded one as eagles and skins are going nicely too!

I think Brady's out for the season so you can count them out as potential winners (even if Cassel is improving they're still way short of other teams)

Edit - Redskins took a good pounding last night too though so is that division as strong as everyone thought at the start of the seaon (agree that Cowboys may still struggle though)

Last edited:

SwedeFox

I am way too restless to watch 10 seconds of American football, 3 min commercials, someone blows a whistle (perhaps the referee) and the game stops for a minute, 10 more seconds of football, another whistle, commercials, a few seconds of football, the game is stopped for God knows what reason etc.

I think I might need to learn the rules.

Willlow

I'm a big fan of the NFL and have been for many years, this season seems to be turning into the most unpredictable one for years

Normally you can pick a couple of teams and be pretty sure they'll get close to winning the whole thing but this year a few bad performances and some even more important injuries are making it hard to pick

Aside from the Giants, who (despite their beating at the Browns) have been by far and away the best team (still not sure about the Titans) there seems to be a large number of teams who should be doing better than they are

Good entertainment so far this season

Anybody else go to Wembley last week? Was a v good game (think Willlow may have said he was going)

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply but been on holiday. I thought it was nice to see a high scoring game, but it lacked the same atmosphere as the Giants vs Dolphins game in 07.

As for teams that I follow I have always liked the Redskins, not sure why. Very happy with this season but can see them losing more games towards the end of the season.

pork pie fox

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply but been on holiday. I thought it was nice to see a high scoring game, but it lacked the same atmosphere as the Giants vs Dolphins game in 07.

As for teams that I follow I have always liked the Redskins, not sure why. Very happy with this season but can see them losing more games towards the end of the season.

From where we were sat there was a much better atmosphere than last year, I realise that there were more fans of the Dolphins and Giants than there were Saints and Chargers but to us the neutrals were far more into it. Not sure whether there were more NFL fans there this year than just people going for a look (like last year seemed to be) but the crowd were much more into it was the view amongst our group

pork pie fox

Now need Arizona to win tonight to get me £112 and if they win by 10 points or more I get £251 (woo hoo :038:)

Was hanging on with one of the bets though as it included Chargers beating Kansas and for those who saw it it was a tight finish

pork pie fox

Well it was an Arizona win by 5 in the end last night so £112 it is

Shame they couldn't have won by more but if anyone else saw the game, a goal line stand stopped me from not winning anything so I'm relieved in the end

MKFox

miami sound machine?

pork pie fox

if u dont mind me askin pork pie but what was the bet u had. i fancy an accumulator this week on a few games

I normally do 2 small bets ( it's the only thing I've ever gambled on)

One bet is a 7 team accumulator on outright bets (usually works out about 7/1 ish) and the other is a 3 team accumulator using the handicaps usually giving 7/1 ish as well

This week I had Baltimore, New England, Miami, Jets, Carolina, Arizona and San Diego on my outright bet and Arizona by 9.5, Jets by 8.5 and New England by 3.5 on my handicap bet so I won the outright bet but lost the other as Arizona only won by 5

This may make me sound like I vaguely know what I'm doing but in reality I don't and it's just a bit of a laugh with my mate who also bets on NFL so we can laugh at each other when the other one loses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669