Confirmed Transfer N'Golo Kanté

Status
Not open for further replies.
im wondering if CR plans to play 2 defensive midfielders (Kante +another new) with Inler in front of them

I'm optimistic about both the recent signings, although I don't know them, by all accounts are the right style of player we need.

Kante offers some more aggression in midfield which was much needed IMO. Particularly during our bad run, we were playing a containing game in midfield, Kante will hopefully allow us to impose ourselves a bit more, and regain possession quicker.

Benalouane apparently has a bit of pace which will help our defence.

I hope they both settle quickly.

I'm optimistic about both the recent signings, although I don't know them, by all accounts are the right style of player we need.

Kante offers some more aggression in midfield which was much needed IMO. Particularly during our bad run, we were playing a containing game in midfield, Kante will hopefully allow us to impose ourselves a bit more, and regain possession quicker.

Benalouane apparently has a bit of pace which will help our defence.

I hope they both settle quickly.

Yes, I think/hope Kante will add to the closing down and quick high pressure game that we very successfully played last season.

Kennedy Bakircioglü

Yay

I know that this guy isn't being overlooked, but with all the fuss about Vardy and Mahrez, I don't think he's receiving the credit he deserves.

Neil Lennon is my all time favourite midfield scrapper. Cambiasso was a delight and all round the most technically brilliant midfielder I've seen for us, but Lennon did it for years quietly and brilliantly. He was always in the right place at the right time, nicking the ball off an opponent. He was massively under-rated for us and his departure in Dec 2000 signalled the true beginning of the end of that great team.

In Kante, we finally have a natural heir to Lennon. The lad is so great to watch. He is in the right place so often and so effortlessly. What I love most is that everything he does looks simple. That is the mark of a truly top player.

He is an absolute gem of a signing. I genuinely don't think I'd swap him for any other player of his type in the league.

I know that this guy isn't being overlooked, but with all the fuss about Vardy and Mahrez, I don't think he's receiving the credit he deserves.

Neil Lennon is my all time favourite midfield scrapper. Cambiasso was a delight and all round the most technically brilliant midfielder I've seen for us, but Lennon did it for years quietly and brilliantly. He was always in the right place at the right time, nicking the ball off an opponent. He was massively under-rated for us and his departure in Dec 2000 signalled the true beginning of the end of that great team.

In Kante, we finally have a natural heir to Lennon. The lad is so great to watch. He is in the right place so often and so effortlessly. What I love most is that everything he does looks simple. That is the mark of a truly top player.

He is an absolute gem of a signing. I genuinely don't think I'd swap him for any other player of his type in the league.
I agree 100%. So much of our good play begins from N'golo - see Vardy's goal yesterday. Could we cope without him - I'd say yes. But we would be far far weaker without. I can see why he has been compared him to Claude Makelele. Absolute gem of a player.

He is quite simply awesome.

TBF I have seen quite a few glowing references to his play in other threads.

He's the absolute business. That we are able to play with just two central midfielders is a testament to him and Drinkwater. Not many sides in the premier league are doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669