Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was 4-3-3 Vassell should not have been on his own. He should have had a winger either side of him! Or was Sven playing 4-5-1?
The trouble with having a winger either side is that they have defensive responsibilities that a striker doesn't have and so when it's not working can get isolated from the striker when the game is against you. Yesterday Schlupp and Gallagher's average position was on the half way line which left and will leave Vassell (as with Yakubu last year) isolated. it works really well for teams with players like Malouda, Drogba, Anelka or for the Spanish national team for instance, but we need to changeour strikers to make it work for us i think....Maynard, Heskey etc will bring Gallagher, Dyer, Waghorn, Vassell into the game better from wide positions. Heskey particularly did a good job of that with Young and Agbonlahor at Villa and so would be great for the role in the championship.

I hope you are right, but personally, I find the longer this goes on the less likely I feel it will happen.

I dunno. Maynard's still not signed an extention to his contract, as time ticks along Bristol City's hand becomes more forced. City have to ask themselves do we want someone in for opening day at Cov or are we willing to wait? Either way, I'd hold off any massive bid for now but I wouldn't say it's over.

Re: Wayne Routledge

i agree, btw hope Maynard now goes to Fulham, dont want us to face him until the season after next!

Last edited:

Look it is obvious to alot of us city fans that he is holding out for a premiership move otherwise he would of been here by now or do you know otherwise ?

I'm not sure why i'm bothering but....

Our offers are being rejected by the club, hence we haven't been allowed to speak to the player to determine whether he wants to come or not. or do you know otherwise?

On a potential deal of this size id be amazed if we hadnt contacted Maynards agent prior to making the first bid, as we keep persuing it may be something else slowing down the move. Either we withdraw the offer or they decline it (which they have with the others), until such time i sense the saga will drag on..and on

Funny that even a Routledge thread is suddenly finding itself turned into a Maynard thread...

I think it's great that we have the money to go and look for quality players, what grinds my gears is the lack of quality in the plethora of threads started on players that are likely or unlikely to join LCFC.

I'm not sure why i'm bothering but....

Our offers are being rejected by the club, hence we haven't been allowed to speak to the player to determine whether he wants to come or not. or do you know otherwise?

Look...if manhead666 is bored of the potential transfer then I definitely think that we should withdraw our interest. I hear Ched Evans is available...

Look it is obvious to alot of us city fans that he is holding out for a premiership move otherwise he would of been here by now or do you know otherwise ?

Is it really? It's as obvious to me that he is currently having lunch with Sven and they are going to team up on Strictly Come Dancing, these preparations are what are slowing down the move to us.

Surely that's tapping up?!

All clubs discuss a potential move for a player before they start making official offers, etc. Whether that be approaching an agent, or being approached themselves, there is no point in wasting time getting all the paperwork together if a player definitely doesn't want to sign. Whether they can they agree personal terms or not once a transfer has been agreed is another matter.

Is it really? It's as obvious to me that he is currently having lunch with Sven and they are going to team up on Strictly Come Dancing, these preparations are what are slowing down the move to us.

We should withdraw our interest in that glory-hunting, cash-motivated player and focus on someone else.

Like Yaku...oh no, not him either, that glory-hunting, cash-motivated player.

That Gradel's doing okay at Leeds.

We should withdraw our interest in that glory-hunting, cash-motivated player and focus on someone else.

Like Yaku...oh no, not him either, that glory-hunting, cash-motivated player.

That Gradel's doing okay at Leeds.

It amazes me that fans have no problem with our club looking at several targets, but jebus help a player if he looks at multiple clubs.

I dont think Maynard will come now I am pretty bored of the whole saga now lets go for someone else who wants to be here

Maynard would have been here a long time ago if it had been up to him. It's failure to agree a price with Bristol City that is the stumbling point.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673