Nigel Pearson- "It's my City team doing so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but they're the two clubs I can see where he'd be a good fit. I guess you could put Leeds in that bracket too.
Forest and Leeds are out because of the lack of funds for the former and the lack of sanity for the latter. If Pea Son is to build anything he needs time and backing like he got here. At Leeds he'd be out the door and replaced by a landscape gardener called Reg before May, at Forest he'd need to wait till summer to buy players.

Newcastle is my bet.

I think a Premier League team will go for Karanka, and then Nige will join the Boro

Forest and Leeds are out because of the lack of funds for the former and the lack of sanity for the latter. If Pea Son is to build anything he needs time and backing like he got here. At Leeds he'd be out the door and replaced by a landscape gardener called Reg before May, at Forest he'd need to wait till summer to buy players.

Newcastle is my bet.

Good points. I still think they would try to sell themselves as giving him an opportunity to build though (even if that's not in their recent history). I think he'd be an attractive option for a decent sized club, that has fallen away a bit and wants a manager to build them back up. He can use us as an example of his ability to do that.

He's bound to want Shakey and Walsh back wherever he ends up. They are part of our team and I'd suggest we should be trying to keep hold of them as much as Vardy, Mahrez and the like. Add to, not subtract.

Given the current prospects and money available, I can't see them moving simply to work under him again. Are Fulham top of the pile? No. No, I think not.

Very smart move tying them to a contract like that, especially if it was done after Pearson left.

Nige, leave it out son

MON interviewed on 5 live this morning about ROI's achievement in getting to the Euros. Supplementary about Leicester/Vardy, he pointed out the run starting from April ... very much Pearson's groundwork etc, then gave an amused anecdote about John Elsom asking him after City's storming start to the 97/98 season (18 points and 3rd from 9 games) about our chances of a Champions' League spot. Joined in the Vardy appreciation.

Would they really want to drop down a level (actually two) out of loyalty to a mate. They are on regularish incomes with I'm sure mortgages to pay.

Money talks - but not least you are at the highest level of your profession working for a stable and currently successful club. Are you really going to walk away?

I just can't see it happening

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Would they really want to drop down a level (actually two) out of loyalty to a mate. They are on regularish incomes with I'm sure mortgages to pay.

Money talks - but not least you are at the highest level of your profession working for a stable and currently successful club. Are you really going to walk away?

I just can't see it happening

I agree. To leave everything they have built up which they have been a significant part of (as far as I can tell) to start all over again in a mediocre Championship club seems pointless.

I'd rather be mates with Claudio than Nige anyway

If I were on that sort of pay I wouldn't have a mortgage. Unless there were tax advantages.
Do you really think they are on money big enough to not have a mortgage or care about money? I have no idea but I would be surprised.

Steve Walsh snr is in the later stages of his career and 30 years a teacher. They don't get the player money.

Top should tie Walsh (Shakespeare is perhaps more replaceable) to a long term incentive, a huge pension and get him to train up a new generation of diamond hunters. That's what I would do.

Do you really think they are on money big enough to not have a mortgage.....

Steve Walsh snr is in the later stages of his career and 30 years a teacher......

I was in retail for 30 odd years and MY mortgage was paid off. Can't see why they wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669