Nikos Dabizas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Unwin

I just want to stick up for this bloke, he gets so much abuse on here from fans and i reckon its harsh. Some people give him a rating of 1 before he's even kicked a ball some weeks! Im not sayin he's an awesome player cos he certainly isn't, and he does make errors, but seriously now, how many goals have been his fault this season? the answer is hardly any. Personally i believe he's been fairly consistent this season, and hasn't do alot wrong. When he see him being compared to the likes of Jacob Laursen and Lee Marshall i find it laughable!

By all means blast me for sayin this but im just sticking up for one of our players

apart from being uninterested and continually fouling the opposition and being too slow i quite like him too :roll:

If he was so uninterested I think our goals conceded column would be far more than it is. I agree with you chris, he's not that bad and not many goals are caused by him, or his fouls. I don't get why he gets a rating no higher than 6 from 99% of fans no matter how he plays.

I think I made this point a few months ago, where people were putting by their ratings things like "didn't make a mistake but i thought he might"!

Well if he didn't, he didn't. Some players never look like they will make a rick and then do it every game!

Also, he's not that slow for a 30yr old centre half, granted he does concede a few too many fouls, but then so did Taggs, Walshy, Bob Hazell, Muzzy and any number of players, but as a centre half he should be bullying the forwards and therefore sometimes conceding fouls.

His last three "scores" have been

6.49 v Reading
6.40 v Gillingham (5th best rating in the team)
5.71 v Blackpool (6th best rating, but he was voted our best defender)

All of which seem a fair reflection of his contribution in each game

The big problem at the back is none of them can pass, constantly the ball does not find a blue shirt and we are put under pressure again. I agree that freekicks are going to be given away, but far too many times he gives them away needlessly game after game.
I am not the biggest Nikos fan, but do not agree that he is not trying and has produced some timly tackles in the box this season, he deserves his place with the current squad and like every player in blue, I will not boo him.

But he's not being booed - and he appears to be being marked pretty fairly according to the average ratings from the last three games

From what I can remember he was also voted pretty highly at the start of the season, and got man of the match against Derby

Sometimes he's good, and sometimes not so good, and the voting reflects that

What's the problem ?

From what I've seen of him he falls int the 'Will do until we can get somebody else' bracket,not shite not great.The only thing worries me is the habit he's got of grabbing opponents when 'tackling'.

Chris_Unwin said:
I just want to stick up for this bloke, he gets so much abuse on here from fans and i reckon its harsh. Some people give him a rating of 1 before he's even kicked a ball some weeks! Im not sayin he's an awesome player cos he certainly isn't, and he does make errors, but seriously now, how many goals have been his fault this season? the answer is hardly any. Personally i believe he's been fairly consistent this season, and hasn't do alot wrong. When he see him being compared to the likes of Jacob Laursen and Lee Marshall i find it laughable!

By all means blast me for sayin this but im just sticking up for one of our players

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou for saying that. You're exactly right in saying that he isn't an awsome player but the hasn't done anything wrong and yes, he is consistant, which is what we need.

Before you made this thread I thought I was the only person on this forum who doesn't take LSD before a match.

I can only agree. I think Dabizas has received a lot of unwarranted stick this season. It is not completely unwarranted as he has made some unnecessary mistakes, but thanks to the fans, he is being put under pressure in a similar way Pressman was and undue pressure leads to mistakes. I would be happy to see him in the back line in this division for the rest of this season over most of the defenders in this division.

I just find that every time I see him with the ball as the last man I am absolutely bricking myself!!

He seems to have it in his head that as he has a Euro 2004 winners medal (dont know if he got one for being sub) he is above the Championship, and tends to dilly-dally on the ball for about 3 seconds too long everytime.

Also his pointless foul conceding on the edge of the box is ridiculous, as he pushes them in the back, then puts his hands in the air as though he had done nothing, and concedes pointless free kicks and puts us under pressure.

However, off the ball he is excellant, as his positioning, heading and tackling are almost the best in the Championship!!

He thinks hes Zeus for crying out loud.
He walks round thinking hes playing on a Sunday morning.
Hes just donkey written all over him.

I think he didnt start the season well and City are quick to judge. Now he is improving, I dont think people achklowedge him. He is building up a particular good partnership with Heath.

For me he has improved immensely since CL's arrival, he appears more focused and has started to cut a lot of the nonsense from his game over the last few weeks. IMO justifies his selection on current form.

i agree with highland fox about the tackling, not once during football matches have i seen another player tackle with his arms first as much. but i've never seen stearman play and always find dublin messes up more than nick the greek anyway....so nick n heath at the back for the rest of year for me

A good defender will play in such a way that strikers are frightened to go near him, Keene and Keown do just that.

I think most will agree that under MON our defence of Gerry, Matty and Frank, none of which where brilliant players. where rock solid. This was because they where all nutters who would tackle hard, kick hard, foul and even fight to keep the oposition away.
They let the oposition know that our end of the pitch was a dangerous place and if you come down our end you aint going to have an easy time. So though Dabisas does worry me, he dont worry me as much as any of those three did and I would give my right arm to see a defence like that again at city.

Though heath is a good player, last season, most of the goals against us came about because of a silly mistakes from Heath. He is the one that really worries me.

PS: All our players need our support. particularly those that have had grief from the fans in the past, and Dabisas is one of those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566